Required 2*s

Leugenesmiff
Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I've come to the point where I no longer have the HP to buy slots for new characters and also keep an empty slot open for whatever 2* is the required character for the current PVE.
Is there any chance that required 2*s might one day disappear? I get it's a way to make money for the devs, and I guess they're not actively looking for reasons to get rid of those, but it'd definitely help players.
Thanks

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    I can't see this happening any time soon. My advice is to sink 20 bucks in the game if you haven't by now. If you're just tired of throwing money at the game, then you're going to have to sell some of those 2*'s. No way around it.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, we're certainly getting to the point where we have fewer and fewer 2 and 3 stars boosted for events.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    2* essentials were added a while back and yeah it's pretty much a way to force people to pony up for roster slots. Same thing with DDQ requiring 2*'s.

Don't expect those essentials to go away. Those nodes are usually terrible too, unless you fully champed them, 2*'s are really bad in general so you get to play with a **** team, yay! icon_rolleyes.gif (ex: current pve requiring 2* Cap, blarg)

Also, just buy more roster slots. Don't spend HP on anything else but roster slots and shields.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like you I keep 2 roster spots open for rotating 2 and 3* covers which I will need for the next event which I don't want to ultimately keep. It works for me most of the time and prevents me from having to buy loads of slots all the time

Every now and then it gets messed up...like when gauntlet makes you have 3 x 3* essentials all of which are characters I have no intention of ever rostering
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    There is ALWAYS a required 2s reward in pve. I could do anything from t20-t50 easy, your only question is, are you willing to sacrifice the occasional ddq? Because right now , even after having only 5 2s, and selling several 3s, cho and Howard, slots are still costing 1k hp. You decide if you want to keep a **** 2 star for that kind of money
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Like you I keep 2 roster spots open for rotating 2 and 3* covers which I will need for the next event which I don't want to ultimately keep. It works for me most of the time and prevents me from having to buy loads of slots all the time

Every now and then it gets messed up...like when gauntlet makes you have 3 x 3* essentials all of which are characters I have no intention of ever rostering
    Huh? Are you aware that by not rostering Loki you're depriving yourself of one of the strongest 3-star teams (Loki, cMags, Storm)? I succesfully used it on some of the hairier Gauntlet nodes since once it gets going it can kill basically anything. I even used it to bring down the OML node at the end of the second part before the difficulty was lowered.