Please give me a better reason for a large roster

lockvine
lockvine Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
I love collecting all the covers in this game it is one of it's appeals to me. However please add a reason for me to have all the characters other than just to have the three required characters for each pve. This leaves most of my roster just sitting on the shelf. I would love a few nodes in each pve to be some form of either the ddq where they are locked to a specific star level roster or a version of the heroics where my choice of characters is limited. Just anything to keep the variety if fights up.

I am not there yet but I understand the very top shelf players that are well into the 5*'s can basically only play with their 5*'s. That sounds like a terrible thing to be working towards.

I have previously suggested what "I" would like tested as a fix for this with very little community response. So this time I will try just setting a goal and please ask the community how would you fix this? Please lets come up with a great idea for them to try in their next pve test. I'm sure they will have a few more.

My previous post: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43004

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it would be super cool to have required single, double or triple nodes where all of the characters were required, and you faced off against cool opponents that were specifically tailored for your own characters.

Like the DDQ Crash but more often and for different prizes.

Right now, the required nodes in pve are basically the same as the regular nodes.. the points and prizes aren't really any higher, so it doesn't bring much more to the table.

I cry for a lot of my 3*s that just don't get any love, because as a creature of habit, I tend to stick to the same few. It would be nice to have some sort of reason or reward for using more of them.

I once suggested an idea that you get ISO bonuses for each time you use a new character per day or something like that. So it would behoove players to use all 90 of their characters.. maybe you get a 100 ISO bonus, that would give you 9000 extra ISO! The devs can tweak it the way that makes sense. That would be great.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    It's been a little amusing and a little annoying each time I slot another 4-star or one of the few remaining 3-star characters and think "oh boy, I can't wait to literally never use this undercovered & underpowered character except for required nodes!"

I have several characters who have just gotten their 13th covers this past week or two, and I've hardly ever used them because they've been behind the growth curve the whole time. I feel no incentive to make changes to a handful of standards that almost always work, especially at the risk of my time & health packs.
  • lockvine
    So what if they took the three required character nodes and locked them to only three characters. You could play it if you had at least one of the three. This would allow them to make very specific fights that people could try and beat. I would also suggest removing the personal progression points for these. Make it so there are only 4 rewards and they scale up dramatically 250iso, 500iso, 1000iso, 2000iso (these may seem low to you but remember there are three of them). I would expect the challenge to be hard enough on the 4th try of the node that only 5-10% of the people could do it.

I think this would solve the lack of ISO that top players are complaining about. It would give the Dev's the ability to make very custom and challenging nodes without having to change the story or continuity of the pve event. And it give me a reason to keep a full roster.

What do you guys think. Very hard nodes in each pve that have big rewards and make you use all those characters sitting on the shelf collecting dust. Please comment.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    With current system you need like... 4 non-5* covers? Right now there are not many reasons to have 3* or even 4*... too bad.
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40933
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    personally I don't want anything that requires more 1* and 2* characters, requiring me to spend thousands in hp for nearly no return other than some goofball required node. as far as 3* and 4*s go, events like CW and gauntlet are your answer there. most of your roster is required as some point.
  • lockvine
    TxMoose wrote:
    personally I don't want anything that requires more 1* and 2* characters, requiring me to spend thousands in hp for nearly no return other than some goofball required node. as far as 3* and 4*s go, events like CW and gauntlet are your answer there. most of your roster is required as some point.

I totaly get and agree yes the 1* and 2* should probably not be used for anything other than the ddq. I love CW and Gauntlet because of the variety that is why I would like to see that put into every PvE in some more substantial form.