That moment when championing will screw you over.

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Darn Thor PvP. I'm desperate to hit 1000 in this to get a Red Hulk cover, making it my 13th.
I then have to find the 200k+ ISO needed to max him out...which will take ages.

In the mean time my Thor is level 182 and I have to probably sell the Thor cover I'll get from this PvP otherwise I'll get the 6th Rulk purple which would probably go to waste.

I really hope we get a major ISO event sooner rather than later. My 3*s are starting to reach the free 4* cover point and some of them are going to need to get throttled back so I don't waste the free covers.

Comments

• mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Remember, you have about 28 days to get the ISO to champ a character from another champ reward, because you can leave the Thor cover in your queue for 13.9 days, then champ, getting rhulk who you have 13.9 days to champ... You should pretty easily be able to get 200k ISO in 28 days.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    im going to have several threes i park at 182. selling those 3* covers is really not a big deal while i wait to decide whether to max that 4* or look for the different covers to max him.

that three star is never more than 40 days away in ddq. sounds like a long time but in this game theres always something you can be leveling or at worst gives you a reason to be patient and hoard iso. whats depressing is just having that 183 cover going into a champ level that gives back 50 hp. holding up getting a 3* beyond 182 doesnt bother me too much, especially considering the next cover threshold is 40 more covers away. those will all be champ covers if the i am or this game is still around then. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've just barreled through the 182 point. So, I'll waste some 4* covers. I'd rather keep leveling up, gain a bit more ISO and get those 4*s champed eventually.

I'm in love with using the Sell-All button. I just can't go back to individually selling hundreds of star.png and star.pngstar.png covers, just so that I'll be able to avoid wasting a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png cover.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    How are you getting to the point where you have hundreds of 1*s and 2*s to sell o_0
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    How are you getting to the point where you have hundreds of 1*s and 2*s to sell o_0

Easy - rewards from LRs, from PVP climbing and dumping, and Sim. Adds up quickly even if you're not opening Standard tokens.

That being said, I'd expect 100-200 to sell and not 700-800, but definitely possible if one plays enough PVP.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Play enough, and they flow in left and right. I can no longer play the game without the sell-all button. It just takes too long to sell each one individually.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Actualy I don't know why I made this thread, it was an entirely moot point anyway. I can't hit 1000 points in my bracket because I don't have the obviously required combo of a level 350+ 5* and a level 300+ 4* Cyclops. All I have is Fistbuster.

I was going to use Thor + IM40 before realising Thor is the required character.

Welp, I got to 940 before being slapped down to about 850...it was a nice dream while it lasted.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    To be fair though, 3*s are **** across the board these days. Going from 182 to 185, say, won't make much difference.
    It's at the point where 3*s are good for PvE only now.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Similar dilemma for me. My Groot/RR is at 12 covers, after HoD i'm gonna have 2 extra covers (at least). Which means he's my current priority for Iso. Will soon get my 14th QS cover from the Sim and Cap is already covered. That's 3 characters to champ in the next 14 days or i'll risk "wasting" covers.

77k for QS, 58 for Cap and 70 for Groot + the 7500 for each champ. That's a lot of ISO.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    I feel better throwing 3*s away generally because with DDQ you can reliably get some later. Also I usually place well in PvE to get at least 2 covers from that. 3*s are fairly easy to get for me.
    Finishing off a 4* is much, much harder. Entirely random for me since I can't hit top 10 in PvE or top 2 in PvP. Almost never hit 1000 points in PvP any more.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I currently have a 3Pool cover in my queue that will get me an xfdp cover. Xfdp is only level 234 so I need about 140k to max him. But I have a few others in my queue ahead of him. So I have to wait 3 more days to cash it before it expires so I have the full 2 weeks to champ xfdp.

I've already wasted quite a few level 183 4* covers because I don't have the ISO to champ him.

Thor is a problem for me too because my RHulk is 2/4/5. Thor's level 183 reward of a RHulk purple will probably be wasted too and that's a shame.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Darn Thor PvP. I'm desperate to hit 1000 in this to get a Red Hulk cover, making it my 13th.
    Wasn't the 1k prize in Thor's event a green rhulk?
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Just temember, without championing the Thor covers would all be "wasted" as would EVERY rhulk cover after thirteen. So selling one cover really is nbd.