Known Issue: Tiles that Increase or Reduce Damage

Demiurge_Anthony
Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
Hello everyone,

Special, non-Strike and Protect tiles that increase or reduce damage are impacting the entire team instead of the character using the power. The following character powers that are impacted by this are Iron Man (Mark XLVI)'s House Party Protocol, Elektra's Shadow Step, Colossus's Immovable Object and Vision's Density:Light and Density: Heavy. This will be addressed in the R101 platform patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Comments

• chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Hello everyone,

Special, non-Strike and Protect tiles that increase or reduce damage are impacting the entire team instead of the character using the power. The following character powers that are impacted by this are Iron Man (Mark XLVI)'s House Party Protocol, Elektra's Shadow Step, Colossus's Immovable Object and Vision's Density:Light and Density: Heavy. This will be addressed in the R101 platform patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    let me be the first to say that a) no inconvenience here and b) what's your hurry? Let's sit down, have some drinks, and talk about life. Where did you go to school? Tell me about your family ... siblings, parents, ancestors?

Guys, quick. He gave us a list of toons to use. Go forth, grind with these toons, use them to your advantage. Onward! I'll try to hold him off!
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    What about Fix Phoenix, OML, Cap 5*? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I'll be frank about this. I know this is a bug, but aren't the impact to the game is kind of good ?

I don't have any experience with IM46, so I can't comment on that.

Vision. I think the bug make him too powerful. (5 ap for 700 bonus damage for the next 4 turns) May be up the ap cost or tune down the damage bonus a bit.

Elektra&Colossus. I think the bug makes them better characters. Doesn't this also expand the game a little bit by offering players with a wider choices ?

Okay, I'm not 100% sure about Colossus, he might be overpowered as well with this bug. But his yellow is not at as cheap as Vision's.

I think this is a very simple fix for Elektra&Colossus. This also makes them unique defensive characters for defensive play-style.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    aa25 wrote:
    I'll be frank about this. I know this is a bug, but aren't the impact to the game is kind of good ?

I don't have any experience with IM46, so I can't comment on that.

Vision. I think the bug make him too powerful. (5 ap for 700 bonus damage for the next 4 turns) May be up the ap cost or tune down the damage bonus a bit.

Elektra&Colossus. I think the bug makes them better characters. Doesn't this also expand the game a little bit by offering players with a wider choices ?

Okay, I'm not 100% sure about Colossus, he might be overpowered as well with this bug. But his yellow is not at as cheap as Vision's.

I think this is a very simple fix for Elektra&Colossus. This also makes them unique defensive characters for defensive play-style.
    let me tell you just how many boosted Elektra/OML teams were in pvp today... its great for Elektra and I tinkered with her in gauntlet, but I don't want to see that in pvp. I even saw a vision/OML.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honetly I think the bug for vision makes him genuinely usable.

I'm sure it you take a look at before and after stats for his usability you'll see that this 'bug' actually encourages people to use him. I never saw him in PvP before unless it was his PvP.

That tells you something about his non bugged design.

Can't speak for Elektra as Ibdont have her covered well enough but I thought her black was strong enough before

Please don't change this bug or at least take into account the almost universal praise it's getting.

If youd like a suggestion why not change the effect to :
    While the heavy density tile is on the board any match made with strongest colour has an extra 700 damage.

The biggest problem with vision is for his ability to work he needs to tank and he never does
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    I'll take the unpopular stance and say that Vision is definitely overpowered with this bug. His skills are too strong to just effect the party for such a low cost. I'm not saying he was perfectly fine before...but this bug makes him a too strong. It would be great to see him impact the entire party but have the damage values toned back a bit.

Elektra on the other hand actually feels fine. Her red still needs a desperate buff but the black bug sticking around would be welcome without feeling broken.

Finally, I'm disappointed to see this fix going in earlier than Phoenix's transformation bug where her AP stays at 9, 7, 9 rather than 9, 8, 6. This was confirmed a bug months ago. It's hard not to call this an intentional 5* character nerf at this point.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've seen a few players say that this is fixed for Vision's yellow, but not his blue.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    I've seen a few players say that this is fixed for Vision's yellow, but not his blue.

On Steam it's definitely not fixed for his blue. What a shame.

:edit: What's even funnier is that it is included when Daken's Healing & Heat is calculated. It's as if Healing & Heat is treated as damage caused by the enemy...
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    at last, vision is useable.
    dont touch that. who knows which character you unknowingly nerf trying to fix something which doesnt need fixing.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    honestly, this is one bug I don't mind having around

but when you do fix it, do fix the control teleneuropathy ability, as it affects the whole team as well
  • Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Actually, the teleneuropathy ability clearly states that it will affect the whole team if a specific condition pre-exists on the board. I believe it's 4 or more purple countdown tiles. Its in the ability description if you tap on the blue countdown tile. It will tell you the whole thing.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Ya.. I like the bugged vision. Please let him stay that way.