Finally

corytutor
corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So after multiple emails, posts, private message and phone calls I finally got my alliance the rewards they earned from the civil war event. Special thanks to Hi Fi for taking time out to lend an ear and a hand.

As for the customer service, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. It's an absolute atrocity that a customer should have to deal with such attitudes and pettiness that they are forced to take outside action for you to correct a problem that in the end you admitted was caused by you in the first place.

Thanks to the devs, someone actually read our questions, investigated it instead of ignoring it, and took care of my team.

Comments

• LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    Their Customer Service is (probably) the worst I have ever experienced.

The reality is that they stonewall people with form letters and refuse to deal with any problems. They hope that people will just give up and stop bothering them.

Unfortunately an experience I had with them last year was the final straw for me spending money on the game. I approached them with a legitimate problem and they refused to solve it. I told them that that if they didn't take responsibility for their problem then I was done spending money on them. They apparently didn't care.

That's the key to all of this though isn't it ... They legitimately don't care.

Congrats on getting them to help your alliance, I believe you are in the minority.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    ... The Rock has come back to MPQ?

(Is all I could think of when I saw the subject line.... icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    It is kind of funny how much time they probably spend "verifying" if you actually deserve a reward or not. This is a product that you can give away at no cost to the company. Even if the person didn't legitimately earn it, the only thing you have to lose by giving it to them is the potential money they might have spent for it. The time it costs the customer service people to look up whether or not you actually deserve something is probably costing the company more actual money than if they just automatically gifted someone if they filed a complaint. As long as they have a log of people making requests like that to prevent abuse, it is probably more cost effective from a business standpoint, and would have higher customer satisfaction levels.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    The problem is in the thinking that they want their customers to be satisfied in the first place. Who are we kidding here? They don't call it the Customers Serve Us Department for nothing.
  • Faklaw
    Faklaw Posts: 5
    notamutant wrote:
    It is kind of funny how much time they probably spend "verifying" if you actually deserve a reward or not. This is a product that you can give away at no cost to the company. Even if the person didn't legitimately earn it, the only thing you have to lose by giving it to them is the potential money they might have spent for it. The time it costs the customer service people to look up whether or not you actually deserve something is probably costing the company more actual money than if they just automatically gifted someone if they filed a complaint. As long as they have a log of people making requests like that to prevent abuse, it is probably more cost effective from a business standpoint, and would have higher customer satisfaction levels.

Used to work in costumer support, that was the standard procedure. "Verifications" meant you check if the costumer had a history of doing this stuff, if not, you just did whatever the **** he wanted and wished him a good day.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Faklaw wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

Used to work in costumer support, that was the standard procedure. "Verifications" meant you check if the costumer had a history of doing this stuff, if not, you just did whatever the tinykitty he wanted and wished him a good day.

I do agree, they are very stingy with online rewards that cost them nothing. Like even when I have a legitimate reason, and I've proved that it was their fault, they still refuse to compensate me and just think that I am making up the stuff because clearly they have not read it. And then they make up something about them changing the policy in the future, but I've can't even find the change with the link they provided. So frustrating and unprofessional.