Event ISO Rewards!

ComatoseJackal
ComatoseJackal Posts: 50 Match Maker
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So total ISO reward for Hearts of Darkness is 2,520 which does not even add 1 level to a character in my 4 star dominant roster as I have been playing this game for 2 years+. D3 you need to adjust the ISO rewards as you have now made the game 4* and 5* dominant for the long play players as this game prigresses and I continue and fellow players continue to see 100 ISO rewards we are going to drop off because it would take years to level a single character based on the current rate of ISO flow. I personally am going to give 2 months for you to see this and address it and to fix it before I give up on this ridiculous amount of ISO to not even level up a 4* character a single level.

Comments

• MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    ISO gains has needed to be addressed for a long time, even before 5*'s popped up. Being able to level up characters at viable cover amounts is almost as important as the covers themselves and would help people progress little faster.

Gains are so low that your progress feels like it's being put into a chokehold.

Hell, ISO purchases haven't even been updated since the game's release, $99.99 for 78K ISO still...
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is that total iso reward for clearing all 7 times on all nodes in all subs?

Its usually closer to 10k per sub if you're clearing all nodes 7 times.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't worry guys! They've got this!
    *slows down countdown tile animation*
    FIXED!

spider-man-facepalm.jpg
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor

Its just the pure total ISO rewards shown on the event progression rewards preview. It doesn't account for subevent ISO progression rewards or any of the ISO from the 7 rewards from each node, multiplied out by about 10 nodes per subevent and definitely doesn't account for any tokens or covers gained that most likely will be converted to ISO if they have said 4* roster.
  • OneLastGambit

Its just the pure total ISO rewards shown on the event progression rewards preview. It doesn't account for subevent ISO progression rewards or any of the ISO from the 7 rewards from each node, multiplied out by about 10 nodes per subevent and definitely doesn't account for any tokens or covers gained that most likely will be converted to ISO if they have said 4* roster.

Trying my best not to sound inflammatory but if they are not clearing nodes 7 times then that's what wrong with their iso account lol

10k per sub plus prizes if you do 7 clears. If not then said player has CHOSEN to not collect iso not been prevented from it.

* I will add the addendum that yes 7 clears is boring but when. You have multiple 4*s to level you take whatever you can get
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    I understand that the goal is to make you choose between the cover and ISO. Do you keep the cover to make your character stronger or do you sell it to level or roster him? Well, since selling it still won't give me enough to level it, even combined with the ISO rewards I get from the PVE event, I think it's clear to say there's a problem.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor

Trying my best not to sound inflammatory

Same here. Was just trying to point out that the OP was misrepresenting the main event progression ISO rewards as the total ISO potential for the entire PVE event.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    On my 2nd clear in round 2 I earned under 1k ISO. I use no boosts as I am playing for ISO not placement so yea me I hit 9 nodes including the 3 survival nodes and got under 1k ISO and some critical boosts.

In PVP I started the event and with the 2* drop rate got over 1000 ISO in under 9 matches. This feels broke to me.
  • wymtime
    OJSP wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    This feels broke to me.
    Maybe they are broke and there's a shortage of iso to distribute to the players.. icon_e_smile.gif (I was just messing.. I know you meant broken.. )
    Got to love auto correct icon_e_wink.gif
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667

Trying my best not to sound inflammatory but if they are not clearing nodes 7 times then that's what wrong with their iso account lol

10k per sub plus prizes if you do 7 clears. If not then said player has CHOSEN to not collect iso not been prevented from it.

* I will add the addendum that yes 7 clears is boring but when. You have multiple 4*s to level you take whatever you can get

If we're talking about proper rewards for effort, do you REALLY believe clearing an entire PvE 7 times for 10k ISO is equivalent to the effort of doing 2 deadpool daily's which rewards 10k ISO? His point stands. Rewards have not kept up with effort required.
  • OneLastGambit
    I wasn't arguing the effort to reward ratio I was simply stating that there is 10k iso available there so to say there is very little is misleading.

I'm only saying there is 10k there if you want it, if not then that's ok that's your choice.

If you got ddq and did the 7 clears then that's 15k iso per day, that's not so bad really - though it could and should be better.

If you're not getting the 10k then you're handicapping yourself.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    And please, do work less. I want teams to trounce. A decent estimate by a vet is you champ a 4 star in a month of ddq and pve. Even if you have no time, open your mind a little. Hearts of darkness for example, you get thousands of ISO and three event tokens just for clearing waves and nodes. To say , no I totally won't do pve is just dumb. I do thank you for contributing to my points
  • wymtime
    I wasn't arguing the effort to reward ratio I was simply stating that there is 10k iso available there so to say there is very little is misleading.

I'm only saying there is 10k there if you want it, if not then that's ok that's your choice.

If you got ddq and did the 7 clears then that's 15k iso per day, that's not so bad really - though it could and should be better.

If you're not getting the 10k then you're handicapping yourself.

You are right there is 10k available, but not everyone has the time to do 7 clears. The problem is the non quality rewards like critical boosts that you win. Just today I have earned over 3k in PVP compared to under 1k in PVE and I have played the same number of matches. At 15k per day it will take you 24 days to max level a 4*. So that is 75 matches a day averaging 200 ISO per match. If you estimate 3 min a match that is 210 min of gaming or 3.5 hours of playing the game to get 15k ISO. If you look at lighting rounds you can earn 4-5k iso just on seed teams and those matches go faster and net more ISO. Let's say you get 6 LR in one day plus DDQ. 5k from DPDQ and 4K per LR. That is 29k ISO in one day compared to 15k from PVE. It takes me 15min to run all the seed teams in LR and DPDQ will take you 105min or 1.75 hrs to earn 29k ISO. This is the issue with ISO in PVE.

I will say this the trade off in PVE is you get CP and HP, but how much ISO is worth 25HP and 2CP from each sub? Even the 25CP from progression? Is it worth the 14k ISO difference and health packs you might spend?

The big issue is there needs to be more ISO in the game and PVE should have it. If you did 7 clears and could make 25k ISO from PVE alone it would take you 12 days to max a 4*. That is what the ISO flow should feel like in my opinion.