Hidden Required Character Nodes

Dex 007
Dex 007 Posts: 13
Can there at least be some sort of notice that an event can't even be completed unless you own ALL of a list of required characters.

As a new player (85 days) I was resigned to not being able to complete Gauntlet until the dev's adjusted the difficulty. Thank you for listening to the players on that. So I threw my roster at the opponents until the cascade gods granted me the complete main path. Then I checked my expiration queue and saw that I had a Loki cover in there. Lo, with that and the Squirrel Girl from the main path I could acquire a Beast in chapter 2, which would then allow me to complete the 3rd chapter for the Iceman Cover!

So I ponied up the cash to unlock a slot (not my first purchase since starting, all for slots of course) and tackled the highest Loki branch first. Imagine my surprise when I get to the last node and it doesn't require Loki, but Venom Brock. What, seriously, requiring a 4 star cover in order to complete the event! What a kick in the gut.

I realize this game has been out for a while , but unless you have no regard for new blood in the game a little more heads up about something like that would be appreciated. Completing an event like this is time consuming and knowing something like the fact that the final reward cannot be won unless you have X specific covers seems important.

I know for many players having at least one cover of all of the 4* may not be such a big deal, but it's an event breaker for me. It's not like in this event you can grind around the particular roadblock. I'm not even saying I should necessarily have a shot at completing it as a new player, but I think I should be allowed to make an informed decision about investing the time to begin with.

Now I'm not even motivated to go back downstream to the other side branches; what other requirements await me at the end of those?

Blegh!