What is this game's fascination with human torch?

Flakricket
Flakricket Posts: 13
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I believe this to be the most overused character in the game...or maybe it just seems that way to me because I have characters that never get used and I am not a human torch fan.
Maybe it's time to rework the algorithms,lol.
Which character would y'all like to see featured though they are usually neglected in storylines?

Comments

• Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yelena, Venom, Ares, Moonstone, Juggernaut, Bullseye and Daken are all under representEd. Compared to the Human Torch they all seem have little to no screen time.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    my roster has moved past him but I think he's just below the premium top-tier 3* group. a little light on health but a very good damage dealer who works really well with strike tile makers (non-red strikes) - can double and triple dip with green/black. lots of cheap, damaging abilities. also works well with ability-triggered passives like kk and OML. pair him with hood or im40 and go to town...

nothing says you have to use him. lord knows there are plenty of characters to choose from.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    I would like a Vision and Switch storyline. It should be so romantic that Quicksilver involuntarily pukes up a guaranteed cover toward the final nodes (and Hulk cries).
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I finally got a fully covered HT and he is little underrated on how much damage he can whip out, so I'm glad he's boosted a lot to make use of him.

Once upon a time when 3* HT came out, it was nearly impossible to cover him up for like half a year because his covers were never in any reward tables and I believe he wasn't in tokens for little while either so only HP spenders would have finished HTs for events which was pretty annoying.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Human Torch is also often available in Heroics too, along with several other "lesser" characters.

It's probably a deliberate choice to boost/feature some of the least used characters.
  • Rodolfo78
    Rodolfo78 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Slightly off-topic, but I always think of Torch as one of the best-designed characters thematically- each power burns through resources somehow, makes me think of a fire running hot but consuming limited fuel. Hulk is in the same vein, where the manifestation of his match-3 powers fits the comic theme very well. I dig the flavor.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Someone has not used 3 star.png Torch paired with 3 star.png Iron Man. 6 yellowflag.png and its fireballs and two HT greenflag.png dealing over 5K damage per turn. Collect 6 more yellow and do it again!
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    dokiy wrote:
    Someone has not used 3 star.png Torch paired with 3 star.png Iron Man. 6 yellowflag.png and its fireballs and two HT greenflag.png dealing over 5K damage per turn. Collect 6 more yellow and do it again!
    exactly. Though he's one of the toons that i think got hit especially hard with the nerf hammer back when they killed all the 3*s. Before, when his red was doing insane damage for low AP, it helped make up for his low health. Now, he's just a bit too squishy unless he's boosted.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been doing this long enough to remember when the game was fascinated with Mohawk Storm.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been doing this long enough to remember when the game was fascinated with Mohawk Storm.
    aint that the truth - seemed like every other event for a long stretch there. was a popular topic on the forums lol.