Favorite Gauntlet Node?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
First of all, I want to thank the devs for listening to us and turning down the challenge a bit. It went from extremely frustrating to challenging but reasonable. I was able to win the Iceman, which was great because he's one of my favorite characters, and now I have him at 13 covers, so I'll be able to champion him in just a few more days.

The last battle that I fought was the final required Beast node. I have to say, it put a huge smile on my face to see that it was Howard, IW and Prof X, three characters with the power of Invisibility.

I felt that it was a very creative node that had wonderful synergy. It wasn't the hardest node I did, but it felt very well put-together. You actually had to puzzle through it to try to avoid letting any characters become invisible or figure out how to destroy invisibility nodes or else pick characters with AOE attacks to fight through invisibility.

All together well done.

What were some of your favorite gauntlet nodes? I have to say Gauntlet is great fun because it's nice to not need to fight the same 10 Dark Avengers over and over again for once icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Favorite GAUNTLET nodes?

ttt_WOPR.png
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Every node that I didn't play...so, all of them
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any of the Loki nodes were fun for me once they turned down the scaling. My Loki was only at 134 since I've never put any iso into him but I have enough covers to make him marginally useful. I paired him with Patch and Black Panther once and Beast and OBW the other times. Fun, challenging matches. The toughest was probably the one with Kingpin, Vision and Falcon because of Vision being bugged. I had to really keep an eye on blue and black to keep from getting finger poked and/or allowing every match to do massive damage. That one wiped me once but I was able to finish it the second time by stockpiling AP and draining any time they got close to using a power.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    I thought I was going to hate it, but Sim 39 with Jeanbuster + 3Thor was actually pretty fun. It forced me to get a lot more strategic since both 4Thor and IM40 were locked out for me. That's what this game is all about, right? RIGHT?

I didn't think Winfinite was going to be the best idea because, you know, Jean. Not exactly Winfinite if you're getting stunned every time SW's incantation finishes or GSBW gets deceptive.

My team composition I tried first was Loki (265), Blade (180) and 3Cyc (175). I thought I could beat them purely through AP attrition, Cyc's massive damage potential, and Blade being awesome, and I was right. The AI didn't manage any ridiculous cascades. Hulkbuster managed to slap Cyc once for about 7600, but Cyc got off at least one full blast and another optic blast. Blade was the champ of it though between all the strikes and huge attack tiles he put out.

Targeted Jean first, HB second, and took down Thor last. I usually avoid those teams in PvP since I don't have the best counters for them, but it was fun to take down a group with almost 3 times more of a health pool than I had with equally dangerous powers.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    First of all, I want to thank the devs for listening to us and turning down the challenge a bit. It went from extremely frustrating to challenging but reasonable. I was able to win the Iceman, which was great because he's one of my favorite characters, and now I have him at 13 covers, so I'll be able to champion him in just a few more days.

The last battle that I fought was the final required Beast node. I have to say, it put a huge smile on my face to see that it was Howard, IW and Prof X, three characters with the power of Invisibility.

I felt that it was a very creative node that had wonderful synergy. It wasn't the hardest node I did, but it felt very well put-together. You actually had to puzzle through it to try to avoid letting any characters become invisible or figure out how to destroy invisibility nodes or else pick characters with AOE attacks to fight through invisibility.

All together well done.

What were some of your favorite gauntlet nodes? I have to say Gauntlet is great fun because it's nice to not need to fight the same 10 Dark Avengers over and over again for once icon_cool.gif

Howard team up farm! This node was fun, more-so because i almost lost! Howard got a green off and PX did his little forehead dance a few times, hurt!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    The very first one. Where it hasn't scaled off the boards, and you don't have to use health-packs since you have loaners.
  • Miztiq
    Miztiq Posts: 23
    Smudge wrote:
    I thought I was going to hate it, but Sim 39 with Jeanbuster + 3Thor was actually pretty fun. It forced me to get a lot more strategic since both 4Thor and IM40 were locked out for me. That's what this game is all about, right? RIGHT?

I usually avoid those teams in PvP since I don't have the best counters for them, but it was fun to take down a group with almost 3 times more of a health pool than I had with equally dangerous powers.

Same. Thought I had no chance when I saw that. After wiping with every other team I tried I realised my only chance was to steal AP and heal, so tried OBW, Patch and Loki and was amazed how well it worked. A ton of protect tiles and OBW double-dipping on strike tiles didn't hurt either.

Invisible node was fun too. Decided to go for board shakes/tile destruction and respecced GSBW to 5 red and no one stayed invis for long.