Come back, Lightning Rounds!

CNash
CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
Only a few hours since the last one ended and already I want them to come back... Can't we just have them running indefinitely?

Comments

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Seriously. This and/or increase the ISO flow. I've been scraping along trying to get that last 40k needed for the final ten levels of a four with a champ cover about to expire. It's frustrating. The need for ISO has increased oodles - it goes up with each new character - but the flow remains the same. Please really take a look at this part of your game.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39632

I have been asking forever for constant LR's. The best part of the game, and the part that makes me come and play more often!
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    It still requires more of your time, and unless you're playing right at the start you won't get a super high amount. The only people who can keep at it indefinitely are those with better rosters, which also happen to need more ISO. Seems like a solid solution to the ISO problem.

At this point I'd even settle for getting them twice a week.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    No more LRs until they take time out of their day to figure out how to cycle in more than 12% of the characters as essentials.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    CNash wrote:
    Only a few hours since the last one ended and already I want them to come back... Can't we just have them running indefinitely?

giphy.gif
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Skygazing wrote:
    It still requires more of your time, and unless you're playing right at the start you won't get a super high amount. The only people who can keep at it indefinitely are those with better rosters, which also happen to need more ISO. Seems like a solid solution to the ISO problem.

5-6 matches at the most, to get to the 250-point Standard Token - and that's entirely optional, a lot of people stop at 100 having extracted about 500 ISO in progression rewards and another 500 in match winnings. More matches if you use seed teams, though of course you're picking up a few more match winnings too, so it evens out.

I'd say I average 1000-1250 from a single LR. And that's all right by me.

(For context: I have some Scarlet Witch covers from Civil War, and need to max and champion her before they expire - without LRs I don't know if I'd be able to make it.)
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    LRs let me max out my Ant Man with a day left on his oldest cover. Now to scrape together the champion fee...
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    CNash wrote:
    Skygazing wrote:

5-6 matches at the most, to get to the 250-point Standard Token - and that's entirely optional, a lot of people stop at 100 having extracted about 500 ISO in progression rewards and another 500 in match winnings. More matches if you use seed teams, though of course you're picking up a few more match winnings too, so it evens out.

I'd say I average 1000-1250 from a single LR. And that's all right by me.

Generally LR results in three outcomes for me.

1. I enter at the very beginning and manage to almost reach 250 on just seeds (max is 245 afaik). I fight one or two actual matches to hit 250 and then stop. This usually yields around 2k+ ISO.

2. I enter at and have only three seeds. Hit all of them for something around 1k+ ISO.

3. I enter at some point and there are no seed times. Fight two actual matches to get to 100, and walk away with something closer to 700+ ISO.

Could fight more, but generally I'd rather LRs be a quick bit of ISO rather than a slog.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skygazing wrote:

1. I enter at the very beginning and manage to almost reach 250 on just seeds (max is 245 afaik). I fight one or two actual matches to hit 250 and then stop. This usually yields around 2k+ ISO.
    Depending on if you were hit or not - you should come back in the last 10-20 minutes, do 3-5 more matches and you will generally finish top 100 at worst. That's 500 iso plus a heroic token that is at worst 250 iso. If you have more like 20-30 minutes you can easily fight your way into the top 25 for 2 lightning tokens.

More on-topic, I too wish they were run at the very least one or two more days (one weekend day maybe?) if not all the time.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be very curious to see what pve participation would do if they ran LRs daily. I know I'd skip all non-release pve for a loooong time while my roster caught up.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    No more LRs until they take time out of their day to figure out how to cycle in more than 12% of the characters as essentials.

I miss the rotating characters in LRs. Too bad we had to lose that interesting feature in order for vaulting characters to go away. (Too bad we didn't realize the price we would be paying...)

Seriously; there are *40* star.pngstar.pngstar.png characters - and only 10 of them get featured in Lightning Rounds (5 villains and 5 heroes). It seems like we could have 8 groups.

Here's an absolutely crazy notion - have the LRs link up with the rotation for Deadpool Daily. The 5 characters in the vault when LRs start are the 5 characters in LRs for that week.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's an absolutely crazy notion - have the LRs link up with the rotation for Deadpool Daily. The 5 characters in the vault when LRs start are the 5 characters in LRs for that week.
    either that or use the boosted groups - just not the same week they're boosted. ideally the week before they're boosted, they could be the LR group, giving those close to covering them a chance via LR tokens. and giving a small preview of the boosted group coming up.