Vision

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This has been reported in the bugs section so I tested it myself.

Visons density tile effects are currently applying to the whole team.

This is perhaps the first and only time that a bug is not doing what the devs intended but IS doing what we intend.

This actually makes vision far more useful than he was so please devs don't fix this bug.

Upvote this post as much as possible then hopefully we can make this bug a standard feature of vision.

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    This would make vision + Elektra into a pretty powerful team. With density heavy and shadow step out together... Ouch
  • Todzilla
    Todzilla Posts: 26
    It is beyond me why people come on here and post bugs that actually help the player. Way to go guys it will be fixed by theend of the day. Somethings you just keep to yourself
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Todzilla wrote:
    It is beyond me why people come on here and post bugs that actually help the player. Way to go guys it will be fixed by theend of the day. Somethings you just keep to yourself
    It's also hard to understand for me. However I imagine this bug helps players that have those particular characters usable, others who can't use them may be frustrated fighting against those players icon_razz.gif

But for sure asking here for not fixing a bug is a best way to have it been fixed icon_e_wink.gif
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phx purple turns red tiles into red tiles.
    Black Suit Spiderman crashes the game.

2 other improvements from last update..
  • AXP_isme
    But it's not 'working as intended'...

Where would we be if the player was favoured in this type of scenario? It would be chaos, pure and simple, chaos. You have to trust that our benevolent overlords have a plan. Have faith people, have faith! Your rewards are coming in heaven, jam tomorrow, jam all round, we'll be swimming in jam, all of us together like so many wasps.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Todzilla wrote:

Because not doing so is essentially cheating. You know the devs never intended this, and its something to exploit. Just because you can get away with something, doesn't mean you should. There are people who follow laws because they have to, then there are people who do the right thing.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    imagine if they needed to so a server overhaul to "fix" and it would take months like the bug they found when 4* deadpool daily quest when challenge could use team up and no easy fix other than to screw us for months. but i think they will fix it by the time they get in office.
  • jdoe893
    jdoe893 Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    please oh please oh please someone move this to the bug section so that the devs will look into this matter in another six months time icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Found out too late about this to use in winter soldier pvp. Oh well. Finished farming gauntlet for cp tho. icon_e_smile.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm bumping this just because I really don't want them to ever patch this.

Vision works brilliantly now. Paired him with oml during gauntlet and he helped massively. His density tile effects are incredibly useful.

Its the first time since the last time he was essentials that I've used him and the first time ever I've enjoyed it.

Don't believe me? Pair him with a strike tile generator and watch the damage fly up...better...pair him with the widely maligned Mr f and watch that black tile start to deal massive damage
  • AXP_isme
    All of a sudden I see Vision and Elektra in PvP. I don't know whether that's because they're now genuinely useful or if there's an expectation that they'll be underestimated but either way we should be encouraging this type of diversity in the meta. The more useful characters we have, the more interesting the game becomes.
  • AXP_isme
    OJSP wrote:
    AXP_isme wrote:
    All of a sudden I see Vision and Elektra in PvP. I don't know whether that's because they're now genuinely useful or if there's an expectation that they'll be underestimated but either way we should be encouraging this type of diversity in the meta. The more useful characters we have, the more interesting the game becomes.
    No, these players are simply exploiting the bug.. icon_lol.gif Now, we can tell which player exploits bugs and which ones don't.. (exploiting other past bugs tend to be invisible to public)

I'm sure you get the point. Call it a bug, call it an unintended buff, it makes these characters worth a place on the team. That should tell us something. Maybe they're a touch OP now but stirring up the meta from time to time at least keeps things interesting.
  • mrPuzzleQuester
    mrPuzzleQuester Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    AXP_isme wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    AXP_isme wrote:
    No, these players are simply exploiting the bug.. icon_lol.gif Now, we can tell which player exploits bugs and which ones don't.. (exploiting other past bugs tend to be invisible to public)

I'm sure you get the point. Call it a bug, call it an unintended buff, it makes these characters worth a place on the team. That should tell us something. Maybe they're a touch OP now but stirring up the meta from time to time at least keeps things interesting.

I agree they might be a touch OP the way they are now but maybe a middle ground could make all the currently bugged characters (with the exception of 5* IM - he doesn't need help) way more playable. How about 50% boost/reduction for teammates and 100% boost for the character itself? So when Vision has his blue out he will get more of the bonus but the teammates also get something so he doesn't have to tank in order for the power to be effective.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    These are known issues and currently being worked on, you can find details linked below. Locking this topic.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44204
This discussion has been closed.