Question about Pve/PvP scaling and 5 star in decks.

PvPMore
PvPMore Posts: 24
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have a few 5 stars in my deck, that i won't use, they are undercoverd and simply useless to me.
These 5 star heroes start at Lvl 255.
I am a 3 star heroes player and i am using heroes lvl 166 to currently 177 (champs).

My question; are the lvl 255, 5 star heroes used in calculations for scaling?
Because i notice i always fight lvl 166+ in pvp, not lower, but sometimes higher (fully covered).
In Pve i notice i fight against lvl 230+ 240+ 250+ 260+ so far (for example in The Gauntlet and im not even halfway through yet, ****?).

My next question; what is my benefit in lvling heroes and earning complete covered decks, while opponent lvls just scale up harder anyway?
Ofc, the game needs to always have some challenge, but this is not challenging, this is **** up and im not enjoying this any more.

I don't get it....
Hope for a good explanation from somebody that knows the works.

Comments

• Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    PvPMore wrote:
    I have a few 5 stars in my deck, that i won't use, they are undercoverd and simply useless to me.
    These 5 star heroes start at Lvl 255.
    I am a 3 star heroes player and i am using heroes lvl 166 to currently 177 (champs).

My question; are the lvl 255, 5 star heroes used in calculations for scaling?
    Because i notice i always fight lvl 166+ in pvp, not lower, but sometimes higher (fully covered).
    In Pve i notice i fight against lvl 230+ 240+ 250+ 260+ so far (for example in The Gauntlet and im not even halfway through yet, ****?).

My next question; what is my benefit in lvling heroes and earning complete covered decks, while opponent lvls just scale up harder anyway?
    Ofc, the game needs to always have some challenge, but this is not challenging, this is tinykitty up and im not enjoying this any more.

I don't get it....
    Hope for a good explanation from somebody that knows the works.

PvP scaling takes into account your better (higher level) characters, but it also puts weight on them according to the number of covers the character has. A single cover 5* character at level 255 is not theoretically going to have measurable impact on your opponents, and it sounds like it doesn't.

Gauntlet scaling is messed up this time. The development team admitted that it is way too high - see the bug forum for the announcement.

Regular PvE (Story Mode) right now is the most impacted by 5*s. You'll see higher level opponents on the harder-rated nodes and possibly the essential character nodes if you roster 5* characters. It does not take your covers into consideration, just your highest level characters. They have been experimenting with tests in the recent couple of months to try to improve that with mixed success. Scaling is better for sure, but there are too many other complaints with the test system.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    yes the 5* impacts your scaling, though the actual effect is minimal if your boosted 3* are hitting level 240+

as for the whole "Why bother levelling" question.....

sadly you have somewhat hit the nail on the head... scaling is the current hot topic, and your questions are both valid and frequently asked.... they are also unfortunately not yet been answered
  • PvPMore
    Thanks guys for answering. So yeah, it is as bad as i thought it was..
    Hopefully things will get changed for the better, soon.
  • rollx
    rollx Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Sadly the best advice to have a better gaming experience is to sell your hard to obtain 5* characters if you have a low roster. It shouldn't be how things work, but unfortunately it is. If you are finding things are too difficult (after the Gauntlet nerf) it may be time to sell them to improve your gameplay. icon_neutral.gif at least you get iso out of it right?
  • PvPMore
    rollx wrote:
    Sadly the best advice to have a better gaming experience is to sell your hard to obtain 5* characters if you have a low roster. It shouldn't be how things work, but unfortunately it is. If you are finding things are too difficult (after the Gauntlet nerf) it may be time to sell them to improve your gameplay. icon_neutral.gif at least you get iso out of it right?

I actually have considered this.
    This should not be ok with the Devs......or the players...
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do not sell your 5*s now. Especially if you're running championed 3*s. Champ 3*s boost close to or above 255, so the impact of base level 5*s on PVE scaling is negligible. They're also working on a fix for PVE scaling and should be rolling it out within the next few months. Now is not the time to dump the hardest covers to earn.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do not sell your 5*s now. Especially if you're running championed 3*s. Champ 3*s boost close to or above 255, so the impact of base level 5*s on PVE scaling is negligible. They're also working on a fix for PVE scaling and should be rolling it out within the next few months. Now is not the time to dump the hardest covers to earn.

how i understand it the PVE scaling is done, i asked this before and they said its running the way its sent up to.. THey said the scaling issue would been done at R94 or 96 and that is long past.. So if you holding your breathe for a fix its never going to come.

2 5 stars my Ess nodes were around 150.... i now have 3 and should see how high they climb tomorrow

i had to sell 2 surfers and 1 spiderman in the past due to insane scaling.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    From what the devs have told us in the past, your base (i.e. roster-based, or whatever you want to call it) scaling is determined by your top 3 or 5 character levels only. They have recently added in some logic to account for "power levels" (i.e. how many covers and in what abilities), but presumably this weakens the value under-covered, base level 5*, so that your scaling is instead dominated by your boosted 3*.

So - if your roster is such that you only have a handful of championed 3*, and therefore only really one boosted 3* per week, then yeah your 5* are likely effecting your scaling. If you have 10+ max/championed 3*, then chances are your 5* are not going to be effecting your scaling much at all (if any).