Mr. Fantastic's Ideal Build for Carnage?

Mitchjewitz
Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
edited May 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
So I know Mr. **** isn't anywhere near the best four star but he does have his few uses. For the balance of power he was my only fully covered four star (not leveled) so I used him with patch and some other special tile generators. He was at 5 blueflag.png 5 yellowflag.png 3 blackflag.png and he barely ever died. Anyways one of his main uses is teamed up with Carnage for obvious reasons. My BP is about to give me a blackflag.png Mr.F and I'm not gonna champ him anytime soon. Eventually I'm thinking of dropping yellowflag.png to 3 to bring black to 5.

So my question is: Can Mr. F be sustainable with 3 yellowflag.png ?

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    From marvelpuzzelquest.wikia:

yellowflag.png base values
    Level 3: Heals for 736.
    Level 4: Heals for 1063.
    Level 5: Heals for 1718.

At Max Level:
    Level 3: Heals for 1460.
    Level 4: Heals for 2109.
    Level 5: Heals for 3406.
    ~2.35 times healing gained from 3 to 5
    blackflag.png base
    Level 3: Deals 263 additional damage.
    Level 4: Places a 3-turn Countdown tile.
    Level 5: Deals 409 additional damage.

At Max Level:
    Level 3: Deals 522 additional damage, 2 turn Countdown tile.
    Level 4: Deals 522 additional damage, 3 turn Countdown tile.
    Level 5: Deals 812 additional damage, 3 turn Countdown tile.
    ~1.55 times damage gained from 3 to 5

You're getting over twice the heal from level 5 heal as level 3. If your main concern is whether he can sustain, he has less than half the sustain by restructuring him. Also, do you add Strike tiles to this at all? That Imaginaut damage is increased separately from the match damage (just like Original Black Widow's Espionage). Might be difficult to get the right fit though. If you're staying below max level for a while, Blade might be a choice (to cover purple). X-23 covers purple too and fully complements Mr. Fantastic, but needs time to get the strikes out. Nova fights over black, but is otherwise a strike generating machine. Phoenix would be amazing here with a red cover or two. Oh, Ant-Man! Ant Ants Ants will put out strikes. Countdown is sub optimal , but he covers purple, and despite that he'll take some significant damage, he seems to regen faster than normal.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    zodiac339 wrote:
    From marvelpuzzelquest.wikia:

yellowflag.png base values
    Level 3: Heals for 736.
    Level 4: Heals for 1063.
    Level 5: Heals for 1718.

At Max Level:
    Level 3: Heals for 1460.
    Level 4: Heals for 2109.
    Level 5: Heals for 3406.
    ~2.35 times healing gained from 3 to 5
    blackflag.png base
    Level 3: Deals 263 additional damage.
    Level 4: Places a 3-turn Countdown tile.
    Level 5: Deals 409 additional damage.

At Max Level:
    Level 3: Deals 522 additional damage, 2 turn Countdown tile.
    Level 4: Deals 522 additional damage, 3 turn Countdown tile.
    Level 5: Deals 812 additional damage, 3 turn Countdown tile.
    ~1.55 times damage gained from 3 to 5

You're getting over twice the heal from level 5 heal as level 3. If your main concern is whether he can sustain, he has less than half the sustain by restructuring him. Also, do you add Strike tiles to this at all? That Imaginaut damage is increased separately from the match damage (just like Original Black Widow's Espionage). Might be difficult to get the right fit though. If you're staying below max level for a while, Blade might be a choice (to cover purple). X-23 covers purple too and fully complements Mr. Fantastic, but needs time to get the strikes out. Nova fights over black, but is otherwise a strike generating machine. Phoenix would be amazing here with a red cover or two. Oh, Ant-Man! Ant Ants Ants will put out strikes. Countdown is sub optimal , but he covers purple, and despite that he'll take some significant damage, he seems to regen faster than normal.

I could envision the below team working well:

Mr F
    Carnage
    Jean Grey

It'd be an annoying team to play against especially if Jean generates some strike tiles....