Two star odds (LR and otherwise)?

MeatLoafX
MeatLoafX Posts: 74
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Is there a list of odds to get a two star reward in pvp?

The last few weeks, I've really looked forward to the LR. I'm finishing up the two star level and slowly getting three stars. In the past two weeks, if I hit a LR right at the start, I could get up to 245 points and get 3-5 two star rewards every two hours. It was fantastic.

I've hit five rounds today, never got past 200 points even though it seems I should have, and received three two star rewards all day.

Also, in the SHIELD sim and normal pvp, I almost never get a two star, but that's always been like that for me.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm having bad luck, if I had great luck before, or if something is different. I know the ISO is great, but those two star rewards really helped.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a long string of twostars yesterday, so you are probably "just" unlucky.
  • MeatLoafX
    0 for 8 this morning and the seeds only took me to 212 points. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

Hope it's just a luck thing.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    With a crowd sourcing of a whopping 2 people, there was this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41798&p=501184#p501184

Between the two, it looks like the odds of a 2* cover are around 25%, give or take.
  • MeatLoafX
    I think I'm something like 1 for 20+ today... After averaging four two stars per round the last few weeks, this feels like a kick in the nuts... Adding that I hit one at 12:01 and got no seeds is really disappointing.

Here's hoping my luck turns around!
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    This is the streakiness that is unfortunately tied to PRNG. Yes, PRNG, because in all likelihood we cannot qualify the method used here as true RNG. I've had a strange run of luck with 3* and 4* pulls from heroic tokens when I generally see 2*s. While I don't track any of my pulls, it's the same kind of thing. Hopefully the odds will turn back in your favor soon!
  • MeatLoafX
    I'm starting to wonder... Every round, I've had no more than one 2 star reward out of 8-9 games... I've played at least 10 rounds this week.

I was averaging 50% two stars for weeks... icon_e_sad.gif

Oh, well... Good while it lasted. Thanks for the info everyone.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I played 4 rounds yesterday reaching 300 points in all but one.

I assume the issue you're referring to are the post match drop rather than token odds

I won 5 2* prizes yesterday from a total of about 28 matches.. Giving me a drop rate of just under 18%

If we include the 2* that I received from the tokens then that number increase to 9 2* prizes run throughout the 4 rounds played and mybdrop rate increases to just over 32%

Hope that helps