Known Issue: Scaling Difficulty In The Gauntlet (05/10/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
(05/10/16)

Hello everyone,

Here's word from the developers on difficulty scaling in The Gauntlet:
    "We heard from everyone that they were having a hard time with The Gauntlet this time around. When looking at how people were doing, we confirmed that people were not progressing through The Gauntlet and looked into the difficulty. The difficulty was tuned to be far more difficult than what it should be and we are going to scale it back. Our plan is to test the change today and tomorrow and to update the difficulty in tomorrow's daily patch (as long as the testing doesn't reveal any issues)."

Thank you.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will the event be extended so people who were scaled out of it by the error have time to finish the run?
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    I think those who finished Gauntlet before the change deserve a heroic token or at least some health packs.

I really wanted my 13th Iceman.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    DCUDCU wrote:
    I think those who finished Gauntlet before the change deserve a heroic token or at least some health packs.

I really wanted my 13th Iceman.
    A heroic token? For getting through that? No. Heck no. Give them a chunk of CP, a Legendary Token, or actual Iceman covers for what was given up by not having a normal PVE. That last stage should be actually providing three Iceman covers, not one. And no, I'm not someone who completed it. I haven't even bothered with the second Alpine mission.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    This should really be posted in the General forum as well.
  • ohp5000
    ohp5000 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I did slog my way through and beat it all. Yeah, we deserve more rewards. I didn't know the scaling would change and worried id miss out on the cover. I was battling teams that averaged 200 levels above mine. Used boosts. Conquered. D3 should consider rewarding those players who didn't give up.
  • Xidex
    Xidex Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    I have maxed 4* Cyclop and pass out Gauntlet's 2 of 3 stages without ANY problem. Once I used whales of dp 3* on the node with cyc 3* and thor 3* (because I can't use my 4* versions). All other missions wasn't difficult. Yes, it looks scary when you see level 400 enemies, but with boosted 4* they can't do nothing!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xidex wrote:
    I have maxed 4* Cyclop and pass out Gauntlet's 2 of 3 stages without ANY problem. Once I used whales of dp 3* on the node with cyc 3* and thor 3* (because I can't use my 4* versions). All other missions wasn't difficult. Yes, it looks scary when you see level 400 enemies, but with boosted 4* they can't do nothing!
    This is a slight exaggeration, and also not the experience for most players. A boosted champion Cyclops with IM40 as a battery will curb stomp nearly any opponent, but most people don't have a champion level Cyclops. It's also extremely possible for these 400+ teams to get a lucky cascade and down Cyclops in one turn, so in that regard you had good luck. Meanwhile, the rest of us are slogging through missions that are overscaled even if you DO have boosted champion 4*s.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    What time does the daily patch usually come through? (When is this fix going to be implemented?)
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I usually see it late afternoon/early evening Eastern Time.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Around 5 PM Eastern. You know when you're playing the game and it suddenly brings up the title screen with "LOADING 0%" at the bottom? That's the daily patch being downloaded.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    and it usually hits in the middle of an LR. that 4pm LR I play the seeds much earlier than normal because if the game resets before you've played them through, you'll only get the 3 seeds on top and lose all the underlying seeds in the stacks.
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    TxMoose wrote:
    and it usually hits in the middle of an LR. that 4pm LR I play the seeds much earlier than normal because if the game resets before you've played them through, you'll only get the 3 seeds on top and lose all the underlying seeds in the stacks.
    That explains why I only see 3 seed times that lightning round, and a lot more the other ones.

I don't care about LR final placement, just getting as many fights against seed teams as possible to get iso and covers to sell(and the occasional random 3* cover from a standard token).
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    It just updated. The guys that just wiped me (Sim 20, and it was already Hard difficulty two nodes ago) just decreased their levels by 90.