Alliance's (who beat both Civil War, what was your strategy?

monstermike
monstermike Posts: 71
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
We went 10 rounds. All of Team Cap & 2 rounds of IM.

Did you guys attack in shifts? Go back and forth? Trying to get some insight for the next event.

Thanks!

Comments

• We "DcD PVE" get to Round 8 in Team Cap against IM
    and to Round 5 in Team IM against Cap

After we won Round 8 we all swap to the other team to get some HB covers,
    the nodes have been very difficult but the Boss-Fight was easy

only a few do some more fights in team cap to get there personal max reward, but only if they was close to it

But we dont change side before one was finished
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    We went through all of IM and then (barely) got to Round 7 in Cap. I don't even think we co-ordinated that much. We just hit it hard and tried to wait out the Boss timers so we could get 6 clears whenever possible.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    We did all of Ironman and finished Round 6 on Cap. After the first few rounds of IM we were fighting the boss on the IM side and clearing the pins on the Cap side. I think we ended up beating the first 2 or 3 rounds of Cap that way before we beat Ironman and switched over.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    All 20 people need to grind the hell out of the event from the beginning and do fast clears on every refresh with no boss node wipes. If all 20 of you do that, you should be able to clear both sides.

We made it to round 7 on Cap after clearing IM and we were pretty lazy about it.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    All 20 people need to grind the hell out of the event from the beginning and do fast clears on every refresh with no boss node wipes. If all 20 of you do that, you should be able to clear both sides.

We made it to round 7 on Cap after clearing IM and we were pretty lazy about it.
    This.

You have to wait for the refresh timer on most clears so that you are hitting the boss 6 times instead of 5 on most refreshes.

Also, you will likely finish the first round before you get your LT. STOP. Start working on the other team and then go back and finish off the first team on your final clear to get the LT.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are a few tricks you can use to maximize scores

The most notable is that when possible you should wait until the boss node refreshes before starting a clear. That gives you 6 boss hits rather than just 5. Do that every other refresh and you are boosting your score by 10ish percent.

It's also really important to clear the first 4 rounds in the first refresh. In order to do both sides of CW, you must finish the first side in 5 or fewer refreshes. So clearing the first 4 asap is essential.

If you want to be cheap, you can also quite the game mid-match if you are going to lose to the boss. You will eat healthpacks, but the node won't lock out.

Other than that. Everyone just needs to grind every 8 hours.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    i like the idea of using your second boss targets essentials to hit your primary boss at around four or so. that way you push the secondary boss to around three or four without ever hitting him while you rack up the bigger boss fight points on your primary target. by the time you finish your primary you wont be wasting boss fights against the secondary at tiny point values. also as people hit or nearly hit progression on the primary boss, they switch to the secondary until everyone who is going to hit top individual progression on the primary has done so. having people scoring way over progression on your primary boss is a waste of points. you dont have to rush to beat the primary boss. once youre in round eight against him and up near eight million or so, you can finish him at your leisure.
  • monstermike
    monstermike Posts: 71
    Thanks for all the input.

The hitting the nodes on the opposite side, and then hitting the appropriate boss stood out to me.

Now my question is, we all know the early rounds are very fast to clear. Would it make sense to have the weaker rosters go at those rounds off the bat, and then once they were locked out, have the bigger guns start? Or would the results be the same eother way?
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    thanos8587 wrote:
    i like the idea of using your second boss targets essentials to hit your primary boss at around four or so. that way you push the secondary boss to around three or four without ever hitting him while you rack up the bigger boss fight points on your primary target. by the time you finish your primary you wont be wasting boss fights against the secondary at tiny point values. also as people hit or nearly hit progression on the primary boss, they switch to the secondary until everyone who is going to hit top individual progression on the primary has done so. having people scoring way over progression on your primary boss is a waste of points. you dont have to rush to beat the primary boss. once youre in round eight against him and up near eight million or so, you can finish him at your leisure.
    OK, so if I start on Team IM and clear the first 7 rounds, can I unlock the Team Cap boss by fighting the essentials on the Team IM side? If so you would definitely want to try to finish off the first boss with nodes, and use the boss fights on your second team as you say.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    thanos8587 wrote:
    OK, so if I start on Team IM and clear the first 7 rounds, can I unlock the Team Cap boss by fighting the essentials on the Team IM side? If so you would definitely want to try to finish off the first boss with nodes, and use the boss fights on your second team as you say.

each clear of an essential on either side unlocks both bosses to fight. you can flip and flop to your hearts content right from the beginning. and what im actually saying is using the essentials to clear the first two or three rounds against your secondary boss target using essential fights only. that way you never fight that boss for low points. youre only fighting your primary boss for large points. as you approach individual progression you could also use essential fights to creep up on the progression score rather than blowing way over it with a boss fight.

often in the later rounds i was picking the easiest of the fights on either side (especially the wave nodes if i had a low cover essential) and then hitting cap until we beat him.

of course all of this assumes no changes to the structure in run 2.