My alliance took first place but got no rewards

corytutor
corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
I rarely post here. I've been playing almost 2 years. I have about 2000 wrapped up in this "free to play" game.

Our group started civil war together and after starting many moved around for hulk pve rewards, like so many people do.

Customer service says because of that our team was not placed together, even though the leaderboard recognized us as a team and the rules of the event should have locked us in after starting.

Furthermore we received all rewards, together as a group, except the final rewards despite being nearly 8 million points ahead of anyone else.

I've sent screen shots of the leader board, as well as member contributions yet customer service insist that the customer is always wrong. It's never an issue with the game.

I could have bought a ps4 an xbox and a TV with the 2 grand spent on mpq and you can just about bet that's where the next 2k will go.

The customer service is appalling. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't figure out what rewards you're talking about missing out on. There weren't placement rewards for Civil War, it was just about finishing the rounds as a team and hitting that 1.22 mil personal progression. Did you not get the round rewards from alliance progression? Can you be more specific about what rewards you didn't get that you think you should have?
  • corytutor
    We got all rewards except for the 5* ironman cover for completing the event despite being nearly 8 million points past any other alliances. They got theirs, we got the shaft
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    I don't doubt you, but wanted to let you know that the two different leaderboards actually access different things.

If you clicked on your score in the event and looked at the scores (the non-scrollable list), it shows you who was in your alliance at the joining of the event (your real team).

If you clicked on "Alliance Rank" and looked at your scores that way (the scrollable list), it shows you who is currently in the alliance, regardless of if they actually started the event with you. So that list doesn't necessarily represent your real team.

You probably already knew this, but if not, and you still should have received the reward, you should tell CS that you were indeed looking at the non-scrollable list.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sorry, but $2,000 isn't enough to cover the cost of the pixels that make up Iron Man on your screen. Those are in RGB, man, that's Red, Green, AND blue. By comparison, Vantablack, A SINGLE COLOR, is so expensive that the firm that created it won't even reveal the price. And you want three additive colors for only a measly $2,000? In your dreams, buddy!
  • corytutor
    That's What they are disputing tarheel. They are saying that only ten of us were on our team. Yet one event shows ten, one shows 20.

All 20 members received the exact same rewards at the same time. If what the customer service said was true only half of us would have gotten rewards. Not to mention even if that were the case, we are 8 million points above the requirements whether it was 10 or 20 of us. No one got the cover.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Ugh. Someone else had that happen to them too. Guess you have to keep arguing with them and hopefully get it escalated. Good luck.
  • corytutor
    Yes it happened to Axe as well. They took 2nd.

It's disgusting and then to top it off customer service says " oh well and it's your fault not ours" The customer is always wrong with these guys
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Rusland2 have same situation. They was 20 players on IM side, then game splitted them to 12 players Cap side and 8 Im.

P.S Seriously with Starting Civil War game have much bugs icon_evil.gif
  • corytutor
    I knew it had to be more than just us and Axe. Further confirming a glitch in the matrix
  • misterx112
    misterx112 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    I think some of pics proves their point. In the one pic you are rank #4 but looking at your leader broad your not fourth. So some of the people scores in that pic couldn't have been with your alliance when you started.
    I'm not saying they weren't but that is what the pic shows. At least to me
  • corytutor
    Sure that's what it looks like but they separated us. They even said as much in their response. Because players moved for hulk pve.

Not to mention the overall score is way higher than progression. Someone should have got something. And why did we all get the same rewards at the same time? If all 20 weren't together then it wouldn't have lumped our rewards together. It doesn't add up.

And we're all seasoned vets. We know exactly how the events work. So I find it hard to believe half our alliance goofed up.

And they put all 20 of us on cap side but not ironman side. Doesn't make sense
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Moving to Bugs forum.
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    David,

Sorry for repeating what I have said in the other thread. As there appears to be a number of alliances affected by the "split" can you whether we will be getting any further with compensating the various people affected? The response from CSRs has been we can see you were in different alliances and that's the end. And they don't address the fact that we believe that this happened in error on D3/server side because the other half of our civil war assignments were correct and if it were linked that shouldn't be possible.

But if that'd the line you are sticking to are we just supposed to give up and say oh well we were unlucky, hope it doesn't happen to you next time?
  • corytutor
    Giving up is far from my mind. Or from anyone in my alliance. We plan to press the issue until it's resolved. We don't want anything extra, just what we rightfully deserve.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    @corytutor & PolarPopBear

I don't think we've seen prior reports of Alliances being arbitrarily split in two during past events. Are you certain people in the Alliance weren't moving around (such as leaving to 'merc') and were then outside of the Alliance when the event started?
  • corytutor
    David

All of our moves were made after we started civil war. The hulk event didn't end until well into the civil war and as such what movement we did have ( which wasn't half an alliance worth) didn't occur until some hours into the event.

Having started with us in civil war, any movement afterwards should be irrelevant.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still confused how one side of Civil War showed all 20 members and the other split them. For all intents and purposes, it was one event.
  • corytutor
    Here's the issue I have with what they are saying.

We all started approximately the same time. We chat on fb and line app and so we communicate our moves and battles and strategies with each other.

Servers went down. Upon returning to working order we all continued. No one left the alliance until after they started civil war. Having done extremely well in past alliance based events, we were all aware that this would lock us in.

If our team was separated by our actions, when they shouldn't have been, why does one side of the event list all 20 members and the ironman side only lists ten? Shouldn't it be the same on both sides?

Whether we had 1 or 20 our alliance rank and score according to the leaderboard is well beyond the requirements for completion yet not one member was rewarded for completion( the ironman cover)

If our team was divided by our actions, as suggested, why we're the previous alliance rewards awarded to us all at the same time. If half the people were on a different team, wouldn't we have gotten different rewards at different times? And had different refresh times as well?

Also why did this also happen with Axe alliance and rusland alliance? Both are well established alliances like our own and it's not likely that soo many veterans goofed up on such a highly anticipated and important event.

I could understand 1 or 2 guys making a mistake. Things happen. But half my alliance? No. Half of mine and half of those other alliances? It's impossible.

Where did the missing points go?

Too many anomalies for it to be simple user error as suggested by customer service.
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    @David,

Magic Pants provided detail in the other thread. Basically we were very particular about organizing for the event, as we had been with Galactus etc and we made sure no one moved until everyone was confirmed in CW over line.

Even if you assume we did mess up and joined multiple groups it doesn't explain why for one half of Civil War we were counted as 2 smaller groups and 1 group of 20 for the other half.

And again if you assumed we moved and broke it we conveniently had all 8 move into the same other place?

At this point we keep reopening out CS tickets because they never actually answer these questions. We really just want the 5* rewarded that we should have gotten, discounting the fact that we missed out on playing more on the other side and getting the rewards because our progress was slowed due to having to play with less members.

PolarPopBear