Cw and why I can't play anymore.

dudethtsawesome
dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I've been a fairly consistent player for about 1.5 years now. Finally got into a great allaince at the start of this year and we finished rd 8 of cw. I got my 5* Tony but I have now found myself loathing the game. I can't even open up the app without thinking about how I've spent so much time and money on a game that keeps pumping more characters into that no one can play with.

The only time I put iso into any of my new 4*s is to try and beat ddq, mostly to no avail since I have such limited covers. And with every passing month, I keep getting farther and farther behind since release rate is quicker than I can get usable covers.

I loved the cw event but the game just isn't fun anymore.

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    this post does not even add up. you say you been here 1.5 years.. you only put ISO into the 4 stars to try to beat the daily but you cant.. if you been here 1.5 years you should have a major team of 3 stars max that will be able to beat daily with no problem... i just use old man. cage and kahn and never have a problem with daily

how can you get farer and farer behind? I mean if you have a team that you use who cares what comes out.. Dont place good enough to get the new 4 star then just skip the next PVE cause it will be months before that 4 star will ever be used again.

i only use very few people in PVE ...

Old man (to tank)
    Fist (easy nod)
    Blade (easy nod)
    Old and man cap america or Cy 3 star in ess nodes
    3 hard nodes i use Old man. kahn and either iron man,cap america or cy....
  • jcarrey4
    jcarrey4 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Honestly...I'm on day 553, in an elite PvP alliance with every single character rostered. I have spent a bit on this game, and considering the devs have put together a game I play daily and enjoy, I figured actually paying them for it was a good thing. So...you've been playing for a year and a half and don't have maxed 4*s? There's a chance that the problem is between the screen and the chair, as they say.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    He said new 4*s so I'm guessing he means the last 10 or so 4* releases. I'm the same way with most of my 4s. I don't really want to level them and only do when I have shot at the DDQ for them.

Edit: I looked at his roster. Nevermind. icon_e_smile.gif
  • generalTsobot
    generalTsobot Posts: 65 Match Maker
    slidecage wrote:
    this post does not even add up. you say you been here 1.5 years.. you only put ISO into the 4 stars to try to beat the daily but you cant.. if you been here 1.5 years you should have a major team of 3 stars max that will be able to beat daily with no problem... i just use old man. cage and kahn and never have a problem with daily

I believe he's referring to beating the 4* DDQ (Crash of the Titans) and not the rest of DDQ.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Crash of the titans is what I was referring to. I have several 4*s close but to cover maxed but with every new character release, the pool gets diluted even more thus taking longer to get the 4* covers I really need. And since rng has graced me with more cho's than I ever wanted, cover maxing any 4* is dang near impossible without spending money to get ahead.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Crash of the titans is what I was referring to. I have several 4*s close but to cover maxed but with every new character release, the pool gets diluted even more thus taking longer to get the 4* covers I really need. And since rng has graced me with more cho's than I ever wanted, cover maxing any 4* is dang near impossible without spending money to get ahead.

Crash is just one lottery ticket. I have drawn more 5s than people who have more LTs than me. I dont spend money normally, maybe only during sales? So I simply dont understand what the problem is. Your consistent covers are coming from pvp, not lottery nonsense
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gari wrote:

Crash is just one lottery ticket. I have drawn more 5s than people who have more LTs than me. I dont spend money normally, maybe only during sales? So I simply dont understand what the problem is. Your consistent covers are coming from pvp, not lottery nonsense
    And with every new character release the consistent covers get 2.5 days further away. At 30 characters with 3 a week that's just one cover every 10 weeks. Even if you super grind PvE (or tank into noob and crush them all), you have 6 covers after the release PvP and will need another 70+ weeks to guarantee you get up to 13 covers. You see why the lottery matters now?

edit: I want to add that with that same 30 number for 4*s you actually have a higher chance at getting a specific 5* (3.33%) than you do getting a specific 4* (3.0%). Now you can understand why you see people running around with only a medium-covered OML and no useful 4* with their 3* roster. I don't think the devs want this, but it is the situation they created.
  • theo199
    theo199 Posts: 79
    (...) a game that keeps pumping more characters into that no one can play with.

KingDreadnaugt and DJ Toesa can. C'mon, that's the base players of MPQ now!
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    If I had to sum up your post:

"Too much effort for not enough reward at the 4* level"

Yes, you're absolutely right.
  • mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    If toy have been playing for over a year and a half now and looking at your roster what are you playing every day 1 prologue mission??? I play daily multiple times a day. Yes I play pvp a lot. But I've got many 4*s and a few 5*s. Yes I'd love to have a few more oml covers or even a 5* phx to make her completely covered but in time it will happen. Yes I had pretty mucheap every 3* in the game and many 2* champed and maxed at 144 but most of my 3* I sold off for the iso so I could champ some 4*s I had.

Yes I play the odd pve I'll play till 3k points then I'll skip the rest for a few pve then when it's a cover I want I'll go hard and lone and behold I'm in first by 10k+ points and 3 4* covers for me. Then it's a iso boost too.