AI has an advantage

Options
leromeo
leromeo Posts: 19
I have sent in a couple of concerns with this game only to get the canned response, along with the "The game is random", and "The AI does NOT have an advantage".

I say wrong. For the past few weeks, I have played quite a few games, and I promise you that regardless of how many cards the AI has in their hand and the mana cost, at least once per game, and sometimes 2 or 3 times, the AI gets a cascade so immense, that it fills their entire hand (and yes, this has happened even when they had 6 cards and started with absolutely no mana). And yet the AI doesn't have an advantage.

Another proof the AI has an advantage is that I was facing a Chandra deck with Nissa, and LOST in 4 turns. First turn the AI made a move, got minimal mana, and the turn passed. On their very next turn, with 4 cards in hand, it graciously cascaded big time to fill each and every card. 3 of them were the same card, the one that gets summoned and destroys a 3x3 grid. Now obviously as each one was summoned, it continued cascading, filling the characters special ability to do 25 damage to you and destroying a 5x5 grid, which in turn cascaded even more, refilling the special ability. Next turn, the AI drew for their turn and activated the special ability, cracking me for 50 points in two turns with 15 damage on the board from the summoned monster. The card drawn was yet another copy of monster on the board. The AI summoned it, cracked the 3x3 grid again, and cascaded to fill the first special ability to do 4 dmg to me. So in 3 turns, I had a mere 28 points left. On the 4th and final turn, the AI cast the first ability, dropping me to 24 (remember, they now have a monster with 20 attack), and the card they drew for the turn did 6 dmg to my planeswalker, and after the attack, I was toast.

So I say to you don't come at me with "the AI has no added advantage".

Lastly, I am tired of sending pointless emails to this game company and any game company for that matter on the basis of the difficulty of the game. I am going to be resorting to recording every single game from here on out, and send them in one by one so that D3/Hibernium can SEE the proof, because reading about it isn't proof enough for them. Also, even though I can research for it, I was hoping someone might be able to locate their phone number and address.

Thanks everyone and I apologize for such a long diatribe.

Comments

• fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That's how a chandra deck works. I have a deck and have my plays often work out the same. It's great. No AI advantage. Just insane chandra. Build one and try it yourself.
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i dont know if it has an advantage, but what i dont buy is that the IA doesnt know where the trap gems are.

When i play Priest of the Blood Rite if the opponent has a chance to make 4 damage to me by matching a trap gem it always does.

doing a +3 match or doing a +0 match that MAY do 4 damage?
    Nissa always goes for the 4 damage gamble.... and wins
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    EDUSAN wrote:
    i dont know if it has an advantage, but what i dont buy is that the IA doesnt know where the trap gems are.

When i play Priest of the Blood Rite if the opponent has a chance to make 4 damage to me by matching a trap gem it always does.

doing a +3 match or doing a +0 match that MAY do 4 damage?
    Nissa always goes for the 4 damage gamble.... and wins

Do you play exclusively black? You'll notice the AI will try to deny mana in general if you play other colors. Or goes for matches that destroy your supports/activates if they can. Since PotBR is black traps, it kinda makes sense that it's trying to deny mana to you and the trap is just a bonus for them against you.
  • leromeo
    leromeo Posts: 19
    Options
    The above mentioned game is only one example. My main focus is not on each individual PW, but how "EVERY" game the AI seemingly gets that perfect cascade to fill the hand, regardless of the PW they are using. That is what irks me, especially when I intensively scour the board prior to making a move to get the most out of it I can, and be lucky to nail a cascade that chains itself 3 times, yet the AI can cascade out of pure "luck" for a cascades 8-10 chain.

But as I said, talking about it just doesn't seem to be enough. This is why I must record each game so that the DEVS can SEE it.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    leromeo wrote:
    The above mentioned game is only one example. My main focus is not on each individual PW, but how "EVERY" game the AI seemingly gets that perfect cascade to fill the hand, regardless of the PW they are using. That is what irks me, especially when I intensively scour the board prior to making a move to get the most out of it I can, and be lucky to nail a cascade that chains itself 3 times, yet the AI can cascade out of pure "luck" for a cascades 8-10 chain.

But as I said, talking about it just doesn't seem to be enough. This is why I must record each game so that the DEVS can SEE it.

We all get that feeling. Earlier today the screen on my phone timed out, not even joking, from all the cascades/extra turns the opponent was getting. That's kinda dumb. I always thought that there should be a max on extra turns limited to just 1 extra per turn.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I frequently hit long runs of cascades on my side of the board too. I have a Nissa deck with green mana generators specifically designed to capitalize on this, usually the last two turns involve me casting 10-12 cards a turn and making 30/30+ thoptors icon_e_smile.gif