Shadow Step blocking damage to all characters

CrookedKnight
CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
I just fought a team with maxed Elektra in the Cold War PvP, and after she got enough black AP for Shadow Step I switched targets and started matching away black tiles... But even when I was attacking her allies, any damage I sent their way triggered a shadow step trap exactly as if I'd been targeting Elektra. All damage dealt was canceled, a trap blew up and the attacking character took damage per the ability.

Comments

• teknofyl
    teknofyl Posts: 80
    I also experienced this glitch. If this is how it will function from now on, everyone is going to have to re-evaluate Elektra.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably rhis gets ninja fixed, so i expect these to be also treated:

other Elektra bugs to fix:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32062
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    This issue seems to affect other instances of 'self only' tiles including vision density tiles and house party protocol tiles (in the boss fight, at least). There may be others.

Tile ownership is officially borked icon_e_smile.gif
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Posted this in her character thread as well. I feel it's a good bug for her and hopefully they just change the tooltip for her.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Her black traps are also triggering after OML's passive red strikes. For instance, she would fire her black, that would trigger Logan's passive and place strike tiles which would then cause one trap to colapse and damage the target.
  • Grantilis
    Grantilis Posts: 22
    I saw the same thing happening to my characters as well when using Electra's Shadow Step.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is also happening for 5* Iron Man's house party protocol. It is proccing when anyone takes damage (even if its below the ~9k threshold)
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    If this was how she works she would be finally usable icon_razz.gif
  • Weltenzeichner
    Weltenzeichner Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I think I had the same thing happen with vision's yellow, even if he was not in front the damage reduction kicked in.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Confirmed the vision thing. We will speak no more of this... icon_cool.gif
  • Happened on visions yellow as well. Blocking damage to all characters.
  • BlackSheep101
    Is that speaking no more of this?? icon_eek.gif
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Please, please be intended stealth-buffs to both Elektra and Vision. They don't feel OP at all, but rather now feel like viable support characters on-par with others I regularly use.
  • BlackSheep101
    Sorry, but if Elektra is triggering on self-damage, it's definitely a bug.
  • Ltclutter
    Ltclutter Posts: 1
    I noticed this and wanted to tack on that in addition to Elektra and Vision, Wolverine: X-Force's yellow is healing whoever is in front when it triggers.
  • I really hope they leave it alone. It totally makes her an actual 4 star. I beg D3 to keep it. Please leave it be.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Add House Party (5* IM) to this bug. blocks damage to entire team currently.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please see the official thread on this bug here.
This discussion has been closed.