Drop Roster Slots

Jawessome
Jawessome Posts: 2
With the ridiculous amount of 4 / 5 star characters flooding the MPQ 'market' I think it's time to drop roster slots and open it up.

Who in their right mind wants to pay real $$$ for the opportunity to earn one or two 4 / 5 star character covers?

Earning one is a grind within a grind itself. Seriously D3. Roster slots need to go. Maybe more people will start playing your game again. I know I would!

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    They will not provide unlimited roster slots. Each character owned takes up memory. They might consider this though:

Recruiting a character provides it a roster space. Recruiting an additional copy of that character costs Hero Points (and always hero points rather than the initial ISO-8) that quickly increase to a cap (250 HP for first and second copy, 500 HP for 3-4, 750 HP for 4-7, and 1000 HP for 8 and onward). Cap could actually go higher than 1000 I guess, since only the biggest whales would be making so many copies of a given character. There wouldn't actually be roster spots (to keep people from recruiting Yelena, then immediately selling to put your 5th Old Man Logan in the vacant spot). The game would just notify you "You already own this character. Spent 250 Hero Points to recruit again?" And the price wouldn't be character specific. 3 Black Widow Original plus, 2 Iron Man Model 40, plus 2 Iron Fist means getting that second Old Man Logan is 750 HP.

Actually, yeah, the HP buy an actual spot. New (not already owned) heroes wouldn't use it. Selling a copy leaves a hole that can only be filled with a copy hero.
  • Runningwild
    Runningwild Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Memory? I'm sure if games like Ultimate Alliance and Contest of Champions which use larger assets in game have unlimited roster slots, I doubt memory would be an issue.

I agree if the player wants to start a duplicate character, then why not charge them HP. But from the outset it's getting a bit silly as there is literally no way I am in any position to get even remotely close to filling a 4 / 5 star character without paying money.

EDIT: The first post is me BTW - forgot I had created two accounts.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry, I don't know much about Contest of Champions. Can you get multiple copies of one character? Do they have levels and builds? Each character you have in MPQ has:
    current level
    amount of ISO-8 currently allocated (if you've partially finished a level)
    number of each cover
    amount of current health
    time left to revive (if downed)And that's every single character individually remembered across potentially multiple copies of a given character. How much does the system track on individual characters in Contest of Champions?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I can't answer for Contest of Champions, I can regarding Future Fight.

They have:
    Biometric Points
    Experience points/overall character level
    Star Rank (which isn't fixed, characters can be increased)
    Mastery Level
    Uniform
    4 pieces of gear per character (each with its own individual level)
    1 inventory item slot (inventory can also be leveled)
    Eight equipped ISO slots (each with its own level)
    Up to three selectable ISO bonus selections.

Plus, they are also tracking things not related to characters. You have a lab, with levels on the equipment. Leveled comic covers that convey start bonuses.

It is significantly more complicated, and they don't charge you to have any of it. You can convert real world dollars to levels for most of the things, but simply having the thing to level is free.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Due to championing, I have enough HP for endless roster slots. Once you champion enough characters, you will too.