EEEK!! My tourney turns have ran out/vanished!!!

Options
There I was happily grinding my way though the current tourney, selecting who to fight and whopping some behinds to tomorrow and beyond.

Naturally, being an sly player I tend to "skip" anyone I Wont be able to beat, and like a school bully I pounce on though with nice dinner money (points) and will not put up much of a fight.

Seems I may have been skipping fights a few times too often. The fight buttons started to vanish before my eyes! Soon I only had one fight option left, I won it but then there were none left to select! I exited to main screen, but now the tourney is greyed out!!! I can't even select it!

Are my fights going to recharge? Or can I no longer fighting the tourney?? Is there a set limit for the amount of times you can skip? Etc etc etc - please enlighten me. (If there is a pre set limit, please can we be told in game how many skipsorfights we have left, please!

I think this may be a case for lessons learnt for next time and I'll really have tiger mystrategic hat on!

Comments

• Panic over!

They have been reinstated after quitting the game and reloading.

Mechanics explanation would still be helpful 8)
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    You very likely hit a batch of packet loss and were disconnected from the servers for a moment, but it wasn't quite bad enough to talk to the server at all. So you stayed "connected" but weren't getting all the info you needed. Whether that packet loss was device driven, router/modem driven or what, hard to say. But that's the exact behavior we get when simulating those tests in QA.
  • Makes sense, thanks!

I play mainly on my train journey to work (3 hours) each way! Several dead signal spots.

Which reminds me to say thanks that it's great that this game allows you to finish a match in the middle of a network outage. Most other games needing the net to play will simply have a complete history fit at you.

Kudos to the devs! No bring on more episodes! Lol