Tell me it can't be done! [CW Both Sides Completed]

rossmon
rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Challange accepted.

Both sides complete.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wy7pf5V6prNkPPa-VLtVLNSxkPE92ESohA

It won't let me upload picture for some reason, and I'm grilling for mother's day, but link is proof

Mod Edit: Clarified Title

Comments

• jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    GREAT job... Congrats KA Jedi!

This event has been a ton of fun.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Congrats! Quite an accomplishment. My alliance cleared round 8 on team IM and got to 6 on cap. I figured there had to be some that got both.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    KA

Kicking Azz and taking names - awesome team awesome people - privilege playing with you all
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    BTW, you've got a few covers to open. Just thought I'd mention it in case you missed it...
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congratulations, seriously well done! The alliance I am part of only got to R7 on Caps side so it was no mean feat your alliance did both.

A sobering thought is that the developers have now seen that as it was possible to clear both sides they will decide the whole thing was way too easy for the next run icon_e_sad.gif
  • ojcAust
    ojcAust Posts: 140
    I hear that Rossman. Lock and Load can join your group as we made it through both sides....seems someone couldn't do their math when they said you cannot do both icon_e_wink.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ojcAust wrote:
    I hear that Rossman. Lock and Load can join your group as we made it through both sides....seems someone couldn't do their math when they said you cannot do both icon_e_wink.gif
    They probably assumed the players were sane when they did their calculations...
    Seriously though, well done to all! My casual Alliance finished Cap round 7 and Iron Man round 4, so I am quite happy with the haul!
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well done guys. Saddly they will fix it for the second run
  • ojcAust
    Quebbster wrote:
    They probably assumed the players were sane when they did their calculations...
    Seriously though, well done to all! My casual Alliance finished Cap round 7 and Iron Man round 4, so I am quite happy with the haul!

HAHA! How right you are Quebbster.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Magic wrote:
    Well done guys. Saddly they will fix it for the second run

Agreed, although "fix" becomes "ruin" from where i look at it icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    And cause of your two alliances we're now punished in gauntlet. To many rewards was taken in CW so now its time for a dry week in gauntlet.
    On more serious note - big congrats and question: does everyone managed to get personal progression on both sides and does that required any kind of special planing in earlier rounds?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yah, it was amazing fun in KA this run, mathematicians and their spreadsheets co-coordinating it so we could finish this, and lots of players , like myself, got top progression on both sides.

Huge shout out to Crews who appear to be the first to accomplish the double win, about an hour before we did!
  • ojcAust
    We based it on the time it took us to knock over IM. Not everyone in Lock and Load hit max progression as we did it more as an Alliance opposed to bringing in the stars from the 9 Alliances. Had two players swap out as they wanted to do IM side for the 5*.

We were not running spreadsheets, just went in hard once one side was done. Most of us Vets had that gut feeling of we will get these Hulkbuster covers as well. Suddenly we were two refreshes away and knew that we had it. In the end I think we only needed 10 of the 20 to do a full run to hit it. Some of us missed a refresh, and others were not up to defeating the Round 8 boss. But most had the teams to do it and those that didn't still got in there and burnt the health packs to do what damage they could.

Definitely shout out for Crewsaders for being the first, and to KA. It is a hell of an achievement.
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Bulls wrote:
    And cause of your two alliances we're now punished in gauntlet. To many rewards was taken in CW so now its time for a dry week in gauntlet.
    On more serious note - big congrats and question: does everyone managed to get personal progression on both sides and does that required any kind of special planing in earlier rounds?

All of our players (Crews) were able to reach personal progression on both sides. It was a very fun and challenging event. Certainly no cake walk, we all wiped many times on the essentials in rounds 7and 8. Kudos to D3 for running such an amazing event.

More boss battle please!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they don't change the scoring to prevent it, I'm hoping Pax Romana can pull this off on the next run.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    If they don't change the scoring to prevent it, I'm hoping Pax Romana can pull this off on the next run.
    I'd imagine a reduction in points/victory in later rounds and maybe some manipulation of the boss unlock timer to prevent getting 6x hits/ refresh
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Presumably they said it was balanced for not completing both because if they hadn't, then there'd be "you're supposed to lose" blood in the streets when only the best alliances managed it. GJ all who did!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    halirin wrote:
    Presumably they said it was balanced for not completing both because if they hadn't, then there'd be "you're supposed to lose" blood in the streets when only the best alliances managed it. GJ all who did!
    I would rather they said that it was not possible, and then a few make it... than to say it was possible and only a few make it.

Surprised elation > unexpected frustration
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    halirin wrote:
    I would rather they said that it was not possible, and then a few make it... than to say it was possible and only a few make it.

Surprised elation > unexpected frustration
    Under promise. Over deliver. A business concept widely accepted that this game really just doesn't have a real good track record with. CW was a great sign tho.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    First off congrats to my Lock and Load brothers and the other 2 alliances who pulled out the double win. Secondly, of the 3 alliances who made it (I know L&L started with Cap) who started on Cap's side? I'm on the secondary team of L&L and we finished IM off 1st and could've finished rd7 for sure on Cap if we had put in the work. We had a discussion though, about how much easier both the side nodes and the boss battle were on the IM side and how being on Team Cap during the 24 hr easy window would've made finishing both more possible. So I'm definitely interested in whether or not the 3 double threats all started on Team Cap or not?