Gauntlet pve

Thevipper
Thevipper Posts: 90
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Theres no placement just progression lined up. If this is progression only rewards given away yepee if this is normal sorry for the post. iceman purple at the end and no cp ill take that for progression only rewards and i counted almost 4.5k iso alone from progression

Comments

• Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Gauntlet has always worked this way, but I do know you are a newer player, so all is forgiven icon_e_wink.gif

The final progression is very punishing to reach if you have a weaker roster, so be prepared for that. The first time I managed to beat Gauntlet all the way through was on the most recent run before this, and I had to use Deadpool's super whales 2 or 3 times on the nodes to be sure I won. It's hard, but it is true PvE and is another fun change from the norm.
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    Ok thanks and sorry
  • Dragindeth
    Dragindeth Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    If you really want to get to the end of the Gauntlet, leave the branches untouched in the first 2 events. Go for the full clear on event 3 then go back and clear the branches.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dragindeth wrote:
    If you really want to get to the end of the Gauntlet, leave the branches untouched in the first 2 events. Go for the full clear on event 3 then go back and clear the branches.

Indeedy. Every node you beat makes the later nodes harder. So you want to race to that final node ASAP, then work your way backwards through the branches.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some basic tips on the guantlet:

(1) You only get points for the first win on any node, and scaling goes up after each 'first win'

(2) there are 6 essential nodes in each sub. Usually the nodes are 2* and 3* essentials, and only the very last essential is the featured 4*.

(3) the ideal strategy is to play the main line of nodes through from beginning to end (all three subs) and then double back for the essential nodes in descending order. This should minimize the challenge (to the extent possible)

(4) Gauntlet is very different from normal PVE. It's not about playing every node every 8 hours sustainably, it's about beating incredibly challenging nodes a single time. Expect a lot of wipes, play at your own pace and done hesitate to try new strategies!