CW - CA or IM - one side bonus?

bi0h4z4rd84
bi0h4z4rd84 Posts: 51
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
#1 - If everybody in the alliance chooses team Captain America and does NOT fight in team Iron Man at all... Is there some kind of one-sided bonus?

#2 - if people in the alliance did not listen to your rules of staying on one team and did three rounds of Iron Man, does it mess anything up?

#3 - Are we allowed to lock in for one side (CA) but still play on the other side (IMjust to gain the other side Rewards?

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    walkerbear wrote:
    #1 - If everybody in the alliance chooses team Captain America and does NOT fight in team Iron Man at all... Is there some kind of one-sided bonus?

#2 - if people in the alliance did not listen to your rules of staying on one team and did three rounds of Iron Man, does it mess anything up?

#3 - Are we allowed to lock in for one side (CA) but still play on the other side (IMjust to gain the other side Rewards?

1: Not that I've heard of.

2: You'll have less overall points you can score for your chosen side, so you might end up unable to complete the final round.

3: You can play either side at any time, but playing a node on one side locks it out on the other. Inadvisable unless you've already completed Round 8 on your chosen side. EDIT ADDENDUM: If you don't have an essential, you can play the same node on the other side and it'll unlock both bosses.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    1) No one-sided bonus, thankfully.
    2) Depends how many. The points they poured into Iron Man could have gone towards Cap progress, and vice versa. If you want to hit round 8, you'll probably want to focus on one team.
    3) Yup, locking in really just locks you into the event, not a specific side. You can go back and forth between teams as you like, but when you complete a node on one side, it's locked out on the other side. You don't benefit by playing both sides, in fact you lose out. If, for example, the top prize was at 1,000,000 points and you were capable of putting in 1,000,000 as an alliance, if you played both sides you might end up at 500,000 for each side and miss out on the top prizes.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind wrote:
    3: You can play either side at any time, but playing a node on one side locks it out on the other. Inadvisable unless you've already completed Round 8 on your chosen side. EDIT ADDENDUM: If you don't have an essential, you can play the same node on the other side and it'll unlock both bosses.

Yep, this is a handy side feature - I am playing Team Ironman, and I don't have Quake. I was able to play the other side's equivalent node (which featured a different essential), and unlock a boss fight for Captain again.