Like Clockwork

killerkoala
killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
heh 3rd refresh and boom goes the scaling, from trivial to normal.

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Levels multiplied by 10... Yikes
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Guess we weren't losing like we were supposed to.
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    The lesson is to start early, or not at all. Luckily, my small alliance managed to clear round 4 right as the levels jumped, so at least we've got something.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Demolira wrote:
    The lesson is to start early, or not at all. Luckily, my small alliance managed to clear round 4 right as the levels jumped, so at least we've got something.
    this jump isn't due to reaching rd 7? dang. I figured the jump was from 6 to 7... that would suck to be struggling through an earlier round and still have this happen.
  • JVReal
    It's the 24 hr scaling jump just like with Galactus, but ouch, hope its a glitch and they fix it.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Blarg. My alliance is casual, so I figured maybe we might be able to get to round 6 before the event ends. If you toss in nutso scaling, even 5 might be a stretch.
  • JVReal
    When the nodes are harder than the boss... Something is wrong.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had somehow assumed it would be this level on the final day, not the second day. Oh well, my mistake!
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I have a horrible feeling that the scaling is scheduled to go up again tomorrow as well. One day of trivial nodes, one of "normal" and one of "every node is is PvE node 9".
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi all,

I checked with the dev team regarding 'Civil War' event scaling and the official word is:

"The difficulty scaling is intended. We will look at how everyone does and adjust accordingly."
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    When the nodes are harder than the boss... Something is wrong.

This in a nutshell. There couldn't be a more gradual increase? Just level 30 to level 300? One of my alliance mates was reporting enemies in the 400 range. Compared to that, Cap is simple.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    Demolira wrote:
    this jump isn't due to reaching rd 7? dang. I figured the jump was from 6 to 7... that would suck to be struggling through an earlier round and still have this happen.

We were on round 5.
    I did a clear on my lunch break and all the nodes were around level 40. About 3-4 hours later I got back home from work and we were on the same round and all the nodes were level 240+.

So no, it wasn't a progress thing. It was a devs-realised-the-scaling-was-broken-so-they-'fixed'-it thing.
  • killerkoala
    TxMoose wrote:
    Demolira wrote:

We were on round 5.
    I did a clear on my lunch break and all the nodes were around level 40. About 3-4 hours later I got back home from work and we were on the same round and all the nodes were level 240+.

So no, it wasn't a progress thing. It was a devs-realised-the-scaling-was-broken-so-they-'fixed'-it thing.

it's always based on after 3rd refresh it's been like that since ultron first run. i remember one opening node with waves, the last one had a "super" Gorgon surprise, that wiped the floor with almost everyone.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 300 enemies don't do 1k match damage like cap in round 7...
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi all,

I checked with the dev team regarding 'Civil War' event scaling and the official word is:

"The difficulty scaling is intended. We will look at how everyone does and adjust accordingly."

So then the question becomes why. Why take something that everyone was having fun and turn it into punishment? If the point is for us to spend hero points on health packs, then be up front about it and just have a buy in. It really make it seem like the devs love negative feedback.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi all,

"The difficulty scaling is intended....

... but not communicated. No mention of it in that otherwise great overview.

Yes, it occurred on previous boss battles, but not all players were around on previous boss battles.

Presumably, the jump was not as severe for newer players, particularly those with 2* rosters .... hmmm, firing up my dusty noob account....its top guys are around lvl 100....

Yep, his essential nodes are at lvl 94.

My main account's are at lvl 274, matching the top of its roster.

Why not just start the scaling from the beginning, and have it ramp up gradually each refresh?

No need to communicate that, it wouldn't seem unusual.

But since 90+% of the playerbase didn't see such a big jump, hey, no big, no need to adjust, eh?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    This to shall pass.

They'll adjust again for Run 2, and almost no one will truly quit because of this.
  • UncleSmed
    UncleSmed Posts: 75
    I think the biggest issue is that the boss battles scale off the round you're up to.. ostensibly to allow alliances to actually clear the round with the increased points required.. but it also ramps up the difficulty.

So to have scaling for the reset nodes not work similarly and scale by small measures up and up each round cleared is the reason for it to ruffle so many jimmies.

For scaling to tick over based solely on time is a ridiculously arbitrary measure akin to having all Wolverines boosted based on the phase of the moon and regardless of whether EOTS is running or not.
  • killerkoala
    Did they crank once more on last day 9am pst sunday?
  • killerkoala
    Will Scaling go crazy once again during 3rd reset in under 5 hours from now.
This discussion has been closed.