Team suggestions for Civil War [Solved Thanks everyone]

Tryke
Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Now that my alliance is in the later rounds (Team Iron Man fyi), match damage is getting seriously painful. Anyone have some good team suggestions to take on Round 6+ Cap with a 3* lineup?

I tried Hulk/CMags/Loki and while I was able to pull out the win, he killed hulk with match damage and got the other two pretty low so I'm looking for some more ideas.

Edit: After some tinkering I found a slow but very steady team to take on Cap.
icon_kamalakhan.png 5 yellowflag.png /5 purpleflag.png /3 greenflag.png
icon_hulk.png 3 greenflag.png /5 redflag.png /5 blackflag.png
star.pngstar.pngicon_storm.png 5 greenflag.png /5 blueflag.png /3 yellowflag.png

Hulk tanks and generates green, occasional red use if out of green. KK uses purple to generate green and provides heals for hulk. CStorm uses blue for dmg and stunning cap's buddies, green to do some damage and collect a bunch of ap. It's slow, but does the job quite safely thanks to the KK healing buffer on Hulk.

Comments

• Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Looking at your roster, maybe IM40 to accelerate 3* Thor with Captain Marvel in there for stunning the backup ally Cap summons?

Not sure entirely who else to suggest. My alliance is on round 7, and the match damage is just brutal. I've beaten Cap 5/7 attempts this round so far myself, and I've been rolling with lvl 188 3/5/4 Nick Fury, lvl 270 4* Thor, and IM40 to accelerate.

You might consider dumping some ISO into IMHB if you have ISO to spare since you have him at 4/4/4; he should be pretty useful even without the 5 red.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Don't feel bad if you eventually can't handle it. D3 wants to make sure a very small percentage see that top reward. Unless you have an amazing 4* roster, I would guess they don't want you to get to the final round.
  • mrPuzzleQuester
    mrPuzzleQuester Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    I have a 3* roster and I've been going with Hulk/Cmags/Falcon. Hulk needs 5 black and Falcon needs 5 blue. I also boost 2+ blue/purple ap. With one blue match redwing will scoop up the CD tile so you don't have to worry about the reinforcements from Cap. As long as Hulk tanks, anger will trigger with one of Caps R/Y/B match-3. Cmags is there for a bit of offense and doesn't get in the way of Hulk tanking - he can swapped out for someone else if you'd like.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    If you have the iso, level up your Hulkbuster, then respec your cyclops to have 5 yellow, then try IMHB/Cyc/Iron Fist. Best case: it works like a charm. Worst case: you have a head start on leveling a top tier 4* when you get that 13th cover. icon_razz.gif

Edit: I just checked, and four red covers boosted will probably do about 650-750 damage per ap boosted, if that helps.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Put some iso into HB & try running BP/HB/GSBW. Its still working for me in round 7. Oddly only GSBW is taking alot of damage.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* hulk/patch/whoever

Hulk bomb it. Get your strikes out with patch then let hulk absorb damage and watch him get mad.

3/4* fist/rulk/GR

Use fist to generate for GR while rulk absorbs damage. If (like me) you're lucky enough to have a working oml then switch him in for rulk.

Could also try...
    3* marvel and any strong red/black user
    3*cyke?

Or

3* marvel + GR and 4* punisher
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had great success with Vision/Iron Fist/Falcon in rounds 1-6. I boost +2 Blue/Purple, and then I am one blue match three away from never having to worry about Captain America having any allies for the duration of the battle. If I manage to get 10 or more blue I'll drop a Vision density tile and start swinging away. Falcon continually beefs up Iron Fist's punchy-kick tile for extra damage.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Hulbuster/Iron Fist/Falcon with a +2 blue/purple boost. Make one blue match and it shuts down his reinforcements entirely. Collect purple/black/red and then repulsor punch him to death.

It's funny, the team you've suggested in your edit is exactly how I muddled through the final rounds of Galactus. Incredibly slow but it gets the job done.