Winfinite has been messed with?

Pylgrim
Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I used Winfinite for the last grind of the Hulk event. My GSBW is level 182 and her Purple match has strength 81, while my Prof X is level 175 and his blue match has strength 80. Just in case, I set GSBW in the middle and Prof X in the right. And yet, approximately in a third of my 5-matches I didn't get any purple. Anyone else has noticed this?

Comments

• JD Geek
    JD Geek Posts: 80
    Mine also is not making purple but not sure why.
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    I had a similar problem yesterday, but with 4clops strategic command. I have Jean Grey at lvl 276 and imhb at lvl 274. I put Jean in the middle and imhb to the right. When I matched team-ups, it first gave me purple as the strongest color. In the same match, the next time I matched team ups, it gave me red. This is also happening in balance of power, which I understand is a little tricky because everyone is the same level. But it shouldn't be happening in the Civil War event. The color identified by the countdown tile clearly defined purple as the strongest color, but it was giving red.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has been a known bug since at least last November. I'm not sure why the devs haven't fixed this yet.

If you have several colors that are tied for the strongest color, powers that generate AP in the strongest color instead pick one of those tied colors randomly.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    This has been a known bug since at least last November. I'm not sure why the devs haven't fixed this yet.

If you have several colors that are tied for the strongest color, powers that generate AP in the strongest color instead pick one of those tied colors randomly.
    but pylgrim is saying its acting randomly even when there is a clear strongest color (81>80). if so, that should be considered an actual bug and would hopefully be addressed.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I was noticing it with Strategic Command yesterday as well. Sometimes it would work correctly and generate red, other times in the same match it didn't. I don't think it was giving me a different color, it just seems to not generate any additional AP.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    OJSP wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Orion wrote:

but pylgrim is saying its acting randomly even when there is a clear strongest color (81>80). if so, that should be considered an actual bug and would hopefully be addressed.
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Just in case, I set GSBW in the middle and Prof X in the right.

We don't know who's on the left icon_e_smile.gif

Presumably it would be Scarlet Witch unless there is a better winfinite combo, right? I know the PX and GSBW combo constitutes "technical" winfinite, but most use that duo with SW to accelerate purple/generate match 5s.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used it today for some of the black widow essential nodes in civil war and did not notice any issues. I will pay more attention next time I use them.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please see the bug thread on this.

The actual behavior probably goes back farther, but has been more obvious since they started adding the (otherwise extremely helpful) current strongest color in skill descriptions.
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    DayvBang wrote:
    Please see the bug thread on this.

The actual behavior probably goes back farther, but has been more obvious since they started adding the (otherwise extremely helpful) current strongest color in skill descriptions.

Thanks! I didn't know this was a bug...First time I've gotten 2 of my best four stars to the same damage level, so never was a problem for me before.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just to confirm what an above poster said, I'm aware of the "bug" when match damages are tied. In fact, I used it to my advantage to go winfinite with decent regularity in balance of power. But this happened with non-tied match damage amounts. My guess here is that the way the game rounds (hidden) fractions up for display purposes is different from the way it decides that two colours are "tied". For example, my BW may have purple match damage of 80.1 and it's rounded up to 81 while Prof X is 80.0 and at that range the game ties them for choosing the strongest colour.

(And the third characters was a level 155 SW)