House Party - totally overpowered / CW sux for lower level

Cad_Bane
Cad_Bane Posts: 21
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I was looking forward to this great event but there are some thing wich really annoys me so I lost my interest!

1st Hourse Party Protocol is a totally I win button for Ironman
Just 6 Yellow and he can fire up House Party wich gives him plenty of time to spam that one over and over again because 6 yellow is not hard to get!
That a "I-win" button for Ironman!

2nd This event does not scale for lower level
as a relativly new player here this event is no fun because even on stage 3 Ironman is without a huge amount of luck unbeatable. All you get is frustration with this event if you are not a long time player!

Comments

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Everyone in the alliance does their part. You as a newer player might not be able to continually keep beating IM at higher levels, but others in your alliance will be able to. Just do you part, get as many points as you can and contribute to the score. That's why these are alliance events. IM and Cap scale linearly per level, it is not different scaling against your roster or anything like that. It just is; and the stronger your roster, the further you will be able to go.
  • Cad_Bane
    madsalad wrote:
    Everyone in the alliance does their part. You as a newer player might not be able to continually keep beating IM at higher levels, but others in your alliance will be able to. Just do you part, get as many points as you can and contribute to the score. That's why these are alliance events. IM and Cap scale linearly per level, it is not different scaling against your roster or anything like that. It just is; and the stronger your roster, the further you will be able to go.

yeah, sure because higher aliances take players with a smaler and lower level rooster very often...

The game scales for you own level, but not this event and that sux!
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    That may be so, but it's events like this that help us see our progress. During the anniversary, my alliance and I didn't manage to reach a single 4star cover during the Galactus Hungers event, yet during the most recent run of the event, we managed to get all rewards, because we all had improved our rosters.
    It feels good to be able to beat something that you couldn't before.
    I very much prefer being unable to beat something the first time and do it in later runs than the normal, scaled events, where there is no benefit of having collected and leveled almost 60 characters in seven months.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once you get to higher rounds (R5 for us), believe me, Girl Friday is worse. Floods the board with red, then blows them all up, leading usually to a significant cascade, and of course if you're running Steve on your team, you're now red-dry for a few turns. And now IM is super-charged with AP, so look forward to eating another House Party or Winning Team on the next turn.

I'm about to eat my first loss, and it was because an early unexpected cascade hell went against me, fuelling that first GF, which just tanked me for the rest of the match.

(...)

So I lost by 8 HP. I got a big cascade in my favour near the end and almost salvaged it.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I played a couple rounds last night (my casual alliance is still on round 3). Here are some of the things that I found effective against House Party Protocol:

1) Boss IM is non-stunnable, but backup armors are not. If you can knock one down and stun the other one, you can go back to beating up Iron Man.

2) AOE still works. In 2* land, this means Storm is especially effective (see #1).

3) I'm less sure about this one, but you may need to switch targets. If you beat up one of the backup armors and try to finish it off, another armor might intercede. I seem to recall actually targeting an armor at full health in order to trick the damaged armor into blocking, at which point it was downed.

4) You can always try to deny yellow. It's not generally feasible, but I actually had a bout or two in which HPP never fired.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does the cost change at higher levels? I've been seeing HPP cost 8 yellow and that is what the posted stats said.

I switched to bringing Thor to have an AOE available.
  • Cad_Bane
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Does the cost change at higher levels? I've been seeing HPP cost 8 yellow and that is what the posted stats said.

I switched to bringing Thor to have an AOE available.

probably it is 8AP could not check because i have to more attacks till the next missions. But 8AP is not that much as well icon_neutral.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    JackTenrec wrote:
    I played a couple rounds last night (my casual alliance is still on round 3). Here are some of the things that I found effective against House Party Protocol:

1) Boss IM is non-stunnable, but backup armors are not. If you can knock one down and stun the other one, you can go back to beating up Iron Man.

2) AOE still works. In 2* land, this means Storm is especially effective (see #1).

3) I'm less sure about this one, but you may need to switch targets. If you beat up one of the backup armors and try to finish it off, another armor might intercede. I seem to recall actually targeting an armor at full health in order to trick the damaged armor into blocking, at which point it was downed.

4) You can always try to deny yellow. It's not generally feasible, but I actually had a bout or two in which HPP never fired.

still think its OP but great advice ty will try
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Cad_Bane wrote:
    JackTenrec wrote:

still think its OP but great advice ty will try

You can also whittle down Iron Man with damage that doesn't activate the drones until you have ap for aoe attacks.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Here is what I've found. I don't think house party is that effective if you know how to fight him.

1) AOE. I'll use characters with AOE and just not fire them until the drones are there so they are gone relatively quickly while still damaging Ironman. I tear him and his drones apart when I team up 2* storm and Scarlet witch

2) Stun, the drones are stunnable, and won't protect him while stunned. 2* storm is boosted for this and is great for this

3) Daredevil! Lay down those ambushes. As long as Ironman doesn't fire off his blue it's only a matter of time before he triggers them. (usually as soon as a match is available) Best part is that if he triggers them the drones won't jump in front and take the damage. (If you trigger them they will though)

4) The drones only block damage over a certain amount, so keep moving him to the front on every turn and don't use strong direct attacks when the drones are out.
  • I have been using OBW to steel his yellow AP, I have been using MN Magneto to tank a little for blue to help OBW to heal the team. I then use a tank character such as Hulk or Thor. I then regular hit Iron Man and try to starve him from yellow as much as possible. If there is a lot of yellow on the board I use Hulks green to try to knock them off the board. I then use Magneto's red to hit Iron man or HB if needed. Overall my method is working well, but I may try DD since his ambush seems like it might be a good way to get a solid hit in.
  • Would Deadpool's whales make an instant win with this?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would Deadpool's whales make an instant win with this?
    unless his health exceeds 100K, dropping all the whales would work. megawhales is 100K damage to all opponents.

edit: so don't try it in BoP icon_e_wink.gif
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    I thought IMXL yellow costs 12 Ap...
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    OJSP wrote:
    I thought IMXL yellow costs 12 Ap...
    The boss version is different to the playable version.

Oh okay, Thank you. Never check. Well, then match the yellow.. use OML or IM40 to take away the yellow and become usable as well.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Can't run IM40 against IMXLVI icon_e_biggrin.gif

Kamala's purple could also help in denying yellow. Personally I've just been running Luke Cage, denying yellow and uppercutting him...
  • Jasonzakibe
    Jasonzakibe Posts: 89 Match Maker
    If Punisher's Red would instantly down Iron Man, and one of the Iron Legion jumps in front, he downs them instead. Even from full health. Punisher is even better here than in previous events.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    The OP is correct in that the rapid giant scaling hammer that happened at the 24 hour point is unreasonable. This isn't about progress of your roster or you have to rely on your alliance as other posters are saying. This is about Demiurge screwing up. My alliance is only in round 3, so very early still in the event and the nodes are level 180+ (from level 30 to 40 from the day before???) and only a small group of us can compete now. Usually it isn't until round 5 or so that you see the ability to compete sharply drop in these type of events.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cad_Bane wrote:
    madsalad wrote:

yeah, sure because higher aliances take players with a smaler and lower level rooster very often...

The game scales for you own level, but not this event and that sux!

I've been in a top 100 PVE alliance pretty much since I champed my first 2*s. Most PVEs scale fine, as long as you don't mind putting up the points the alliance requires (for most top 100 around 1.25x max progression) you can find a home. I'm currently in the 3* transition and have never had a hard time finding a solid alliance to take me in.

Big events like Galactus and Civil War allow you to contribute but shooting for top progression is almost certainly out of the question. And to be honest I think that is a positive thing, otherwise what would be the point of actually have a top roster built over 2+ years? Just be stoked that you are getting some rewards and contribute what you can.
    Warbringa wrote:
    The OP is correct in that the rapid giant scaling hammer that happened at the 24 hour point is unreasonable. This isn't about progress of your roster or you have to rely on your alliance as other posters are saying. This is about Demiurge screwing up. My alliance is only in round 3, so very early still in the event and the nodes are level 180+ (from level 30 to 40 from the day before???) and only a small group of us can compete now. Usually it isn't until round 5 or so that you see the ability to compete sharply drop in these type of events.

The top alliances were all at or around level 7 by the end of day 1 by coordinating all of their players and hitting every 8 hours. I don't think less organized alliances should be finishing the top progression for all the same reasons I don't think low level rosters should hit top progression. Otherwise what is the point of being in a highly organized and heavily grindy alliance? I think as long as the top 10% of alliances can hit top progression then things are working out about right. While it might be demoralizing to the bottom 90% there should be a sense of accomplishment in actually finishing an event like this and if anyone can do it what is the point other than the participation trophy?
  • Cad_Bane
    Tried a defence strategy with Sam Wilson in Team, Ironman got HPP up and then he fired it again 4 times till I got down. After the first HPP I never got out of it.
    Whoever did this character is just a moron!