Armor (Hisako Ichiki)

Options
GundamY
GundamY Posts: 182
edited June 2016 in Speculation and Concepts
Armor (Hisako Ichiki) is a mutant from Tokyo, Japan. Her mutant power is to manifest a suit of psychic armor that is powered by her memories, as well as the collective memories of her ancestors and those in her bloodline that have wielded the armor before her. This is due to the fact that the armor appears to pass it self from generation to generation. She enrolled in the Xavier Institute when it went public where she was tutored in the use of her powers by various X-Men including Cyclops, Shadowcat and Wolverine. When the Xavier institute found itself attacked by alien Ord of Breakworld, Hisako was offcially inducted into the X-Men by Wolverine and adopted the codename Armor. She has served as a member of the various incarnations of the X-Men ever since.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngArmor (Hisako Ichiki)
498?cb=20081111061805

redflag.pngOmoide (Passive) redtile.png - 0 AP: By reaching back through the memories of her ancestral bloodline, Hisako is able to draw upon the combat experience of her predecessors. Tiles destroyed by Armor will give new tiles a chance of creating 1 Protect tile with 150 strength.

Level 2: Tiles destroyed by Armor will give new tiles a chance of creating 2 Protect tiles with 200 strength each.
Level 3: Tiles destroyed by Armor and her teammates will give new tiles a chance of creating 2 Protect tiles with 250 strength each.
Level 4: Tiles destroyed by Armor and her teammates will give new tiles a chance of creating 3 Protect tiles with 450 strength each.
Level 5: Tiles destroyed by Armor and her teammates will give new tiles a chance of creating 3 Protect tiles with 650 strength each.
Max Level: Tiles destroyed by Armor and her teammates will give new tiles a chance of creating 3 Protect tiles with 750 strength each.

blueflag.pngKeibi (Passive) bluetile.png - 0 AP:: Hisako subtly alters the structure of her psionic armor and defends herself, causing pain to all enemies that attack her. If you made a match with Armor's shield tiles, she regains health based on each shield tile's strength.

Level 2: If the enemy made a match with Armor's shield tiles, she deals damage to the enemy team based on each shield tile's strength.
Level 3: If you destroyed or made a match with Armor's shield tiles, she regains health based on 150% of each shield tile's strength.
Level 4: If the enemy destroyed or made a match with Armor's shield tiles, she deals damage to the enemy team based on 150% of the each shield tile's strength.
Level 5: If either side destroyed or made a match with Armor's shield tiles, she regains health and deal damage to the enemy team based on 200% of each shield tile's strength.
Max Level: If either side destroyed Armor's shield tiles, she regains health and deal damage to the enemy team based on 300% of each shield tile's strength.

greenflag.pngKowasu greentile.png - 10 AP: Armor wreaks havoc by charging her psionic-energy exoskeleton into an offensive uppercut to a single target and empowering herself. Select a tile to destroy a column of tiles. Deal 250 damage for each tile destroyed by this ability.

Level 2: Deal an additional 10 damage for each friendly Protect tile destroyed by this ability.
Level 3: Deal 300 damage for each tile destroyed. Deal an additional 70 damage for each friendly Protect tile destroyed by this ability.
Level 4: Deal 400 damage for each tile destroyed. Deal an additional 80 damage for each friendly Protect tile destroyed by this ability.
Level 5: Deal 450 damage for each tile destroyed. Deal an additional 90 damage for each friendly Protect tile destroyed by this ability.
Max Level: Deal 600 damage for each tile destroyed. Deal an additional 120 damage for each friendly Protect tile destroyed by this ability.

As always, let me know what you guys think about this character.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Articyular
    Articyular Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Could we maybe get more information about how her red works? Is it like War Machine's red, or does it have a different determining concept?
  • GundamY
    Options
    Articyular wrote:
    Could we maybe get more information about how her red works? Is it like War Machine's red, or does it have a different determining concept?

Okay, to explain how the red passive works, it's like the Ultron drones when they automatically destroy the tiles, and then the new tiles that fall into the board has a chance of generating a shield tile.

Initially, I wanted Armor to create her own shield tiles by destroying the tiles on the board. But I have been debating whether it's too OP for her to automatically destroy tiles at the start of each turn.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    greenflag.png I was worried about the damage/AP, but 4800 (8 tiles in the column) is a reasonable number for a 4 star. Just remember the usual stipulation of "tiles destroyed do not generate AP". Added damage for protect tiles is actually probably low for a bonus.
    blueflag.png Retaliation damage and healing should probably be static values unless the game really knows who the protect tiles belong to.
    redflag.png Looks horribly unbalanced. I'd suggest this one be similar to X-23's regen: Specific colors and she has to tank the color. For a potential unlimited number of protect tiles, both initial and ending strength values look way too high. That level 5 puts out a higher protect value than Thing for doing practically nothing.

So, a combination of the Sentry Flyer and Symbiote Mutation passives with a touch of Mr. Fantastic?

Potential alterations to consider.

greenflag.png For the protect tiles, instead of additional damage, her armor instead breaks off shards, creating 1 strength 30 strike tile adjacent to the destroyed protect tile. Strength value and number of shards increases (perhaps to 3 shards at max? value 50-70?)
    blueflag.png I like the concept, but with static values instead of variable to strength. Leave out stipulation of it being her protect tiles for better synergy with characters like Falcon, Flaptain, and Magneto. It's a passive that should reward the team comp (and have a value if its your only cover for her). Also, you know as well as I do that D3 wouldn't go true healing.
    redflag.png Let's see. War Machine has a "new tiles can be such-and-such" ability. This can still be a passive. "When armor makes a bluetile.pnggreentile.pngredtile.png match, a random bluetile.pnggreentile.pngredtile.png tile becomes a 2-turn countdown tile (duration increases at levels 3 and 5) that generates 1 AP (increases to 2 at level 4) of that color when it completes. While one of these tiles are on the board, new tiles on your turn have a (percentage chance) of being strength 40 protect tiles. Scale up 150-200 at max level. If it were a full passive, just dropping protect tiles at all times, the tiles would have to be weaker, and it would be so boring. The count down gives a decent (I think) compromise between free AP generation (which always has some barrier to it) and situational passive defense, making it a decently balanced support ability. Also, since this has to be for colors that she tanks, you do have to be careful about team composition, and an attacking enemy has to consider if they want to ignore her until the end or not, because if she's the last standing and is definitely the one tanking those colors, those countdowns will always be on the board and those protects will always be dropping, turning her into a very tough last defender. Oh, I like this!

EDIT: Oops! Got my special tile types confused. I'd meant to say strike tiles, not attack tiles created as 'shards' of the protect tiles. Fixed.
  • Norksman
    Norksman Posts: 42
    Options
    Decent concept here. Something to look at is that you list 6 levels for each power - 1,2,3,4,5 and max level. Level 5 is max level so you should adjust accordingly icon_e_smile.gif

Also in general, try to keep the terminology you use uniform across the board, in some places you say Protect, some places you say shield.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love the concept.
  • GundamY
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    I love the concept.
    What is it about Armor that you love? The fact that she rewards characters that uses Protect tiles? Her retaliation and healing passive? There are so many things to talk about for Armor, and I really like having her as a character that encourages defense as the best offense.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GundamY wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:
    I love the concept.
    What is it about Armor that you love? The fact that she rewards characters that uses Protect tiles? Her retaliation and healing passive? There are so many things to talk about for Armor, and I really like having her as a character that encourages defense as the best offense.

I like the way her passives complement; not only her, but the team.
  • Aerospade777
    Aerospade777 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Not too bad! I would use her a lot! I wish this was in the game... HEY D3, DO IT!!