Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Forum Thread

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've enjoyed many aspects of it, especially how pleasant the sub-boss nodes have been. I never knew "Trivial" was one of my favorite adjectives, but this event has certainly awakened my realization of it. I also like how playing the Team IM side, Cap's best buddy Falcon can shut him down with nary a whimper (assuming you can boost +2 Blue/Purple AP and make one measly blue match within the first round or two.) Vision/Iron Fist/Falcon has rocked his world, and the only time I got into trouble was when I was unable to make a *single* match-3 blue for the duration of the fight. That didn't go well.

I also squealed with glee as I redeemed an Iron Man token - the only prize in there besides the LT that really floated my boat was Nick Fury Yellow (he's been at 2/4/5 for a long time). I saw the Eagle, and knew in a moment it must be Saint Nick!
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    I totally agree. So far, this event has been EXACTLY what we needed. Kudos, D3, I am genuinely pleased.

The trivial nodes mean we don't have to waste our health packs before taking on Stark/Cap again, and it allows us to kind of play around with the various teams and see what we like.

My Alliance is on Team IM right now, round 6, and Cap is starting to get a little feisty.

D3, thanks again for this event. I don't even care that I can't get all the rewards on both sides, it doesn't matter, it fits thematically, and it's FUN. When the rest of the game can feel like an incredible slog, you took a once in a lifetime event, and you made it entertaining. Bravo. I tip my cap to you.
  • TheWerebison
    I also want to show appreciation for the rewards for this limited event. Even if you only play one side, assuming you hit max progression and defeat all rounds, that's: 3 guaranteed covers of the featured 4*; 2 event legendary tokens; a guaranteed 5* cover of your chosen faction; and a bunch of easy ISO, CP, and event tokens for a small vault.

Ya done good. I wanna give y'all a hug.
  • Ungoliant
    Ungoliant Posts: 29
    I'm loving the rewards, the way my Alliance is pulling together for this and how this is structured so far (basically no going against a points ladder with the other players is NICE). It's a nice breather after the painful slog/grind through the Hulk event.

No big crashes on the server either was fantastic! Liking this event so far!
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I totally agree. So far, this event has been EXACTLY what we needed. Kudos, D3, I am genuinely pleased.

The trivial nodes mean we don't have to waste our health packs before taking on Stark/Cap again, and it allows us to kind of play around with the various teams and see what we like.

My Alliance is on Team IM right now, round 6, and Cap is starting to get a little feisty.

D3, thanks again for this event. I don't even care that I can't get all the rewards on both sides, it doesn't matter, it fits thematically, and it's FUN. When the rest of the game can feel like an incredible slog, you took a once in a lifetime event, and you made it entertaining. Bravo. I tip my cap to you.

I got to agree! MY GOD it so much fun playing something that isn't back breaking, soul crushingly difficult as walking through hell barefoot.

Edit: And TRUE PVE! I'm not competing against anybody but the clock and Captain America with no POS Dark Avengers in sight!
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor

Don't get too used to this. If I remember correctly, one of the Galactus runs had truly trivial scaling on the sub-nodes, and it was hotfixed mid event and scaled to absurdity. I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen again here...
  • TheWerebison
    An added praise ....

Hulkbuster punching an iconic good guy in the face, over and over and over, gives me a warm fuzzy that has really been missing from this game for a long time icon_twisted.gif

Gotosleep, gotosleep, gotosleep, gotosleep.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    tanis3303 wrote:

Don't get too used to this. If I remember correctly, one of the Galactus runs had truly trivial scaling on the sub-nodes, and it was hotfixed mid event and scaled to absurdity. I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen again here...

Yup. Hotfixed and scaled to absurdity

Sigh...
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oldboy wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:

Yup. Hotfixed and scaled to absurdity

Sigh...
    Scaled to challenging levels, in my case, rather than absurdity. I'm still enjoying it.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    Premature was right!

Shame really... I was really looking forward to being able to say "Hey this event went really well" ...
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Mine all shot up to the equivalent of PvE "normal". If Cap wasn't eating so many of my health packs I probably wouldn't have been stressed about it. My big fear is what happens tomorrow at noon. If they all shoot up to the levels of my highest characters I'm going to be struggling, especially on those wave nodes.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I also saw a serious increase in difficulty level, I'm still enjoying it. I've liked this event, overall!

My only real complaint is that they've cut back on the token rewards, outside of the progression rewards! One of the best parts of the Galactus / Ultron events was that a couple of the nodes and Galactus / Ultron themselves offered cover tokens as rewards. That's been completely removed here. The highest boss fight rewards being offered (at least so far up to Round 5) are 1 command point, followed by 500 ISO... this is pretty lame, and takes some of the excitement out. I want my hard work and extra time investment to be balanced by at least a chance of payoff, given that my alliance never reaches the highest rounds.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    mega ghost wrote:
    While I also saw a serious increase in difficulty level, I'm still enjoying it. I've liked this event, overall!

My only real complaint is that they've cut back on the token rewards, outside of the progression rewards! One of the best parts of the Galactus / Ultron events was that a couple of the nodes and Galactus / Ultron themselves offered cover tokens as rewards. That's been completely removed here. The highest boss fight rewards being offered (at least so far up to Round 5) are 1 command point, followed by 500 ISO... this is pretty lame, and takes some of the excitement out. I want my hard work and extra time investment to be balanced by at least a chance of payoff, given that my alliance never reaches the highest rounds.

It feels kind of greedy to complain, given that we're getting (potentially) 3 4* covers, 2 leg tokens, and a 5* cover, but yeah the lack of tokens is pretty depressing. I remember pulling 19, 35, and 26 for Ultron, so it's a bit lame that even the lowest amount of that bunch is almost four times the number (5) you can earn in a single side for CW. I get that they're vault tokens and all, but would it really have been so ridiculous to toss one in per round?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skygazing wrote:
    It feels kind of greedy to complain, given that we're getting (potentially) 3 4* covers, 2 leg tokens, and a 5* cover, but yeah the lack of tokens is pretty depressing. I remember pulling 19, 35, and 26 for Ultron, so it's a bit lame that even the lowest amount of that bunch is almost four times the number (5) you can earn in a single side for CW. I get that they're vault tokens and all, but would it really have been so ridiculous to toss one in per round?

I mean, this game also charges in the range of $20, $50, and $100 for fake currency that ultimately is often worthless due to the RNG nature of the tokens you can purchase. And even when it does pay off, you still have... some more pixels to look at? Maybe 1/13th of a character you like that requires a seemingly insurmountable amount of ISO to implement them in a fun, playable manner?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a grown man and I know what the shake is, and I willingly partake in this game because I enjoy it. I don't feel like I'm owed anything. All I'm saying is, I never want to see this game become even more conservative with the rewards it offers, it just detracts from the entertainment value, which is why we're all here.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    My alliance won IM, and I won the final Legendary Token, so now we're switching to Team Cap. It was nice to have an event where the enemies were challenging yet beatable.

I'm not worried about fully winning Team Cap as well, I'm just happy to get some extra tokens and such. Cheers.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler

EDIT 5/9/16: Updated thread title, even though there is now a competing "praise" thread going

No competition sir! Didn't see yours when I made mine. Mea culpa
  • TheWerebison
    Yeah, event was fun, all in all. I'd call it a success. The sudden brick wall of essential node scaling hitting us in the face was painful and shocking at first (and I really don't appreciate having to use the extra health packs in later rounds), but it was still fun. Punishing, but not grueling.