The scaling test? What happened?

frostCoH
frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
I rather liked the final test of the new scaling. What happened with this? Will this be implemented soon? The current scaling regime is totally unacceptable. This last Hulk was virtually unplayable for some on the last sub. So...what's up with those 3 tests will that ever be implemented?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    all I know is a huge number of forumites are thinking "goodness I hope not". I think they still have a lot of work to do on it.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    They improved things from test to test, but there is hopefully still more work to be done on it before it could be considered for going live.

Presumably, we will have another round of testing once all this Civil War stuff is out of the way.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Crowl wrote:
    Presumably, we will have another round of testing once all this Civil War stuff is out of the way.

Another test is indeed planned. Details are still being finalized. We'll have some info provided before testing gets underway.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Crowl wrote:

Another test is indeed planned. Details are still being finalized. We'll have some info provided before testing gets underway.
    i like most of the changes but any chance we can get even a single reduction to number of clears just for times sake? 6 is just soooo much
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    New pve should be the same time commitment as old pve.

I dreaded spending 1.5 times as much or more, with no extra prizes earned.
  • Seantw05
    Seantw05 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    If this new format becomes the norm, I can safely say my competitive days as a PvE player will be over. I have been a t10 player for a long time, and have gotten t1/2 on quite a few recent releases, but this new format makes me lose all desire to play. It's exhausting thinking about it and even more exhausting attempting to do it. This ''new format as it stands now is not a solution to the pve problem
  • Crowl
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Crowl wrote:

So far the tests have gradually improved scaling issues, but do nothing for the double-grind situation for placements and the increased amount of grinding in general, will these issues be addressed in the next test as quite honestly I think that not fixing them will push more people away from pve than the scaling changes bring back.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Crowl wrote:

They can test until they're blue in the face. But, until they're able to realize a PvE where players are in direct competition with each other goes against the rest of their industry's ideas and expectations of what PvE should be, they're not going to make much progress.
  • MarcSpector68
    MarcSpector68 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    The last scaling test was indeed the best. The hulk event and the current gauntlet event are almost unplayable. The difficulty is currently obscene. Even if the final new scaling isn't finalized a stop gap needs to be put in place to at least make the events playable.
  • Crowl
    firethorne wrote:
    They can test until they're blue in the face. But, until they're able to realize a PvE where players are in direct competition with each other goes against the rest of their industry's ideas and expectations of what PvE should be, they're not going to make much progress.

Technically, they don't actually call it pve, that is just what the players call it.

In any case, given how idiotic the scaling is in the current gauntlet and how stingy the rewards are as always, maybe we shouldn't really ask for progression-only awards.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:

Technically, they don't actually call it pve, that is just what the players call it.

In fairness, the reds also use that language from time to time...

PVE Scaling Feedback & New Test : Prodigal Sun

by David [Hi-Fi] Moore » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:47 pm
    In any case, given how idiotic the scaling is in the current gauntlet and how stingy the rewards are as always, maybe we shouldn't really ask for progression-only awards.

Yeah, there's a real curse of the monkey's paw vibe they've got going.

"More non-competitive events, please!" icon_e_smile.gif

"Gauntlet with level 200 enemies on the first page you say? Your wish is granted."
    icon_twisted.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Crowl
    firethorne wrote:
    "Gauntlet with level 200 enemies on the first page you say? Your wish is granted."

Luxury, the easy gauntlet sub finished with level 329 enemies for me. icon_cry.gif
  • BigrussX5
    BigrussX5 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Seantw05 wrote:
    If this new format becomes the norm, I can safely say my competitive days as a PvE player will be over. I have been a t10 player for a long time, and have gotten t1/2 on quite a few recent releases, but this new format makes me lose all desire to play. It's exhausting thinking about it and even more exhausting attempting to do it. This ''new format as it stands now is not a solution to the pve problem

Seantw05 these are my thoughts exactly man, i don't mind adjusting the scaling or whatever, but changing the whole pve system in the process seems extremely unnecessary. I think a lot of people are overlooking that is is a Mobile App game meaning that most people play this on their smart phones or tablets when they are on the go or periodically between the day. adults who help support this game just don't have the time to sit there and have to play each single set 6 times just to clear all the points. The current or old system slowly refills the points over an 8hr period the first time you beat it giving you plenty of time to come back later and do them again when you have time without putting you at a huge disadvantage competitively. Just wish the devs would read this.