Civil War not scaling

Grrwaaa
Grrwaaa Posts: 19
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
My account - into the 4-star meta with OML - no problems - cutting through early stages like butter. Level 200 Cap no problem.

My kids account - has a few heroes level 70 or so - is facing the SAME LEVEL 200 CAP. So he gives up.

Why is this event not scaling?

Comments

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Scaling in Galactus, and apparently in Civil War, is based on how long the event has gone on, not on your roster. The side nodes will get more difficult with each 8-hour reset.

In addition, the boss scaling is based purely on the round that you're in. Round 1 Cap is level 200. His level will go up once his alliance health bar is depleted and you move to Round 2. However, even if he doesn't beat Cap, all of the damage that he does contributes to the damage done to his alliance health bar.

As the boss health translates directly to damage done and progression points earned, scaling the boss down would only make progression awards impossible to hit, and mean that lower leveled rosters could not contribute meaningfully to an alliance.

There's no easy way to scale an event like this without trivializing it for lower level rosters.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is why I didn't jump right on the event when it opened like I did for Galactus. Lots of my teammates have far less developed rosters, so I let them take the first 3 rounds. When I knock off work, I'll do my clears in round 4 and everyone will be better off.