Missions don't reset after Boss Iron Man is dropped

bogussix
bogussix Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
My alliance and I have dropped the first Iron Man and are on level 2 but the missions don't reset to attack the level 2 Iron Man, so I am stuck waiting to attack the level 2 Iron Man for another 7 hours. Is this an issue or how it should be playing?

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is how the boss setup has worked since Ultron. Fights that were locked before you cleared a round will still be locked afterward, and only open again when the eight-hour timer hits zero.
  • bogussix
    bogussix Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    This is how the boss setup has worked since Ultron. Fights that were locked before you cleared a round will still be locked afterward, and only open again when the eight-hour timer hits zero.

Ouch.. Thanks Crooked...
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    The boss battle & sub missions have always reset for me when the alliance clears a round. Also, the boss timer is 8 hours, the sub missions are either 5 or 6 hours. This is the first time I've been locked out of an entire round.
  • beeatch
    beeatch Posts: 13
    Unfortunately, this is also screwing us on points. Since I jumped in for most of round 1, I only have 50k points, compared to the next ally that has 90k and the same amount of battles.
  • digitaljoel
    digitaljoel Posts: 25
    Painmonger wrote:
    The boss battle & sub missions have always reset for me when the alliance clears a round. Also, the boss timer is 8 hours, the sub missions are either 5 or 6 hours. This is the first time I've been locked out of an entire round.

Yeah, that has been my experience too. At least, that's how I remember it.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    They felt this had to be the setup. If the sub-missions reset with downing the boss stage, a savvy alliance could play both sides to get multiple resets and massively speed up the process of claiming rewards. i.e. Drop Iron Man to low health, then focus on Captain. He falls, missions reset, get him low or dead, resets, down him, resets. Keep going 'til you can't clear his health in a single reset, finish Iron Man for the reset, then finish Captain. Event-breaking exploit (since they want to keep the spirit of choosing sides).
    No, I don't personally like that way of doing it. I would prefer, if people want to make the effort, that they be allowed to make the effort to get the awards.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Painmonger wrote:

You're misremembering. It's worked like this at least since Galactus, and I'm pretty sure earlier than that -- since the second revision of Ultron when they stopped making a new sub for each "round." And the timers for the boss fight and sub-fights get out of sync because the boss fight counts down from the last time you cleared it while the sub-fights reset every eight hours no matter what (at 12 PM, 8 PM and 4 AM U.S. Eastern time) but they're both eight-hour clocks.