MPQ 'Civil War' Server Update (05/05/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
05/05/16 - 10:01 AM PST

Hi everyone,

We know that some players have been experiencing connection issues and disconnects with the start of the 'Civil War' event this morning. The developers have been working hard on getting everything running smoothly and most players should already be seeing improvements and a normal gameplay experience.

If you are still having issues please hang in there. Everyone should see improvements within the next 15 minutes or so.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy the 'War!

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will confirm that while I did see some server issues, it wasn't nearly as bad as it's been in the past! The worst issue was only around 1-2 minutes, and then I was back in the game. Thanks for working on it.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I second that. Good communication and nice to hear it's being worked on. Improvements all around from previous events.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Working good for me and my alliance so far, but thanks for the update!
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    I ran into this a couple times, but I STRONGLY agree with the above: better communication and turnaround from previous times. Thank you.
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Minus some lag and being stuck on round 1 IM while in round 2 (precious points i won't get back icon_e_sad.gif), everything has gone smoothly compared to prior events. Well done so far!
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    I was expecting the server crash at some point. The real question was how long it would take to get things back up and running and you guys brought it back very quickly. Thanks for the communication and your continued efforts, good job. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for the note. I'll agree with everyone, the issues weren't close to the same scale as we experienced previously. I think the longest anyone was locked out in our alliance was 20 minutes.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for a very quick response David and pass on my thanks to the guys and gals who worked quickly to remedy issue just as quickly.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    I too had some minor connection issues. It appears as though it was nothing major. Thanks for staying on top of it and keeping up communications.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quick question - I and some alliance mates finished battles while the server had issues. When it came back we saw the victory screen showing +0 points. Is this just a visual bug and we actually got the points? Only happened to me on one side node so not a lot of points, but my mate got it multiple times on the boss node, so could potentially be more significant amount of points (but in rd 2, its not something he won't overcome).

Thanks for the communication and it wasn't having issues for long, so that was a welcome change.