Get rid of Balance of Power

Wondabread
Wondabread Posts: 7
Most would agree that this particular event, Balance of Power, is the worst of all pvps. It seems to be nothing more than an event aimed at getting people to cash in vault tokens and/or buy 40 packs in the vault to obtain more health packs as it is designed to eat them all. Please get rid of it.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also hate this event. Each match takes forever, and floating is pretty much impossible. Yet there's no point in shielding at a mere 400 points.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't mind the event near as much if it wasn't during the end of a 7-day release pve. if I didn't care about the pve, I'd have lots more time to commit to BoP. BoP isn't particularly 'hard', it just takes a lot of time because of all the health every match has. and my time commitment to pve and LRs is greater than my time commitment for 4pun (sry frank). I'd certainly prefer to not have a recent 4* as the 1K progression, making more optional for vets.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Worst event ever. 1k is nearly impossible without wasting tons on shields. Health pack and mentally draining, no fun, not really worth trying even for a desirable cover at 1k
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    BoP is silly fun, sure 1k is hard, but without BoP, i would never be able to use or test out combos with my 20+ 4*s that are fully covered and will need trillions of iso to ever level.. i enjoy the even keel.. nothing more humbling then seeing your best team taken down by 1* and 2* teams, let them have their day!

Just think of it as an iso farm, nothing more.. i've probably made 20k+ from this event, and snagged a couple bagman covers.

Plus, it's not often a score of 800 is going to get you t10 in a pve in s4.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Plus, it's not often a score of 800 is going to get you t10 in a pve in s4.

#1 in my s5 bracket is 843 icon_lol.gif (I have 38 points and might end there)
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished 61st with 401 points
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Recognizing that I'm clearly in the minority here, I love Balance of Power. Even though I'm now up to a championed 3* roster for the most part, my wife is significantly behind that (due to a later start and less willingness to grind), and BoP is one of the events that we can both take on as equals and use to compare notes on strategy.

Plus, BoP was one of the first PvP events they ran when I was starting this game, and since my 1* and low 2* roster was on equal footing with everyone else, it gave me the chance to win some of the higher prizes that would have been out of my reach otherwise. I actually wish this event would run more often to encourage lower-level players and give them a chance to play on equal footing with the old-timers here.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    BoP is silly fun, sure 1k is hard, but without BoP, i would never be able to use or test out combos with my 20+ 4*s that are fully covered and will need trillions of iso to ever level..

Let me preface this by saying that I agree with you... rolling with some of my underused, max covered 3* characters was tons of fun.

That being said... millions. Millions of ISO. Not trillions. This is suggestions and feedback... don't give them any BAD ideas!