Patch Notes - R100 (05/09/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ R100 Patch Notes

‘Civil War’ events now underway! Team Cap or Team Iron Man - Which will you choose?
Battle commences in Versus Season XXVII!

What’s Changed
    - Players can no longer get stuck if they tap certain parts of the game too quickly. - Silver Surfer’s Black Hole no longer stops working if Silver Surfer is stunned or sent Airborne. - If a character is sent Airborne their tile icons are no longer displayed. They now change to the next character who’s strongest in that color.

Comments

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Hrm, would've thought R100 would've been something special..... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos wrote:
    Hrm, would've thought R100 would've been something special..... icon_rolleyes.gif

Civil War not special enough?
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    How can Silver Surfer be stunned, if he has "Immune to Stun"? icon_question.gif
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    fnedude wrote:

Need 2 blue or better to be unstunable.

Since its a 5*, its totally random. There are more than a few people who are 1/5/5
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know what would be nice if a community video came with the patch. Or maybe a link to a community video, or maybe a Q&A survey instead of a survey saying would you recomend this game to someone.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade wrote:
    fnedude wrote:

Since its a 5*, its totally random. There are more than a few people who are 1/5/5

Hmm, he can't be stunned even with only 1 cover (from what the in-game description says).
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade wrote:
    fnedude wrote:

You need 1 blue. I only have 1 blue, and passive "can't be stunned" is there. But the point is, a 0/0/1 Silver Surfer can use black hole and can be stunned.

On another point, THANK YOU DEAR LORD THANK YOU. No new character this patch. Let's have 2 more like this. I'm tired.
  • Koffitok
    Koffitok Posts: 87
    zodiac339 wrote:
    On another point, THANK YOU DEAR LORD THANK YOU. No new character this patch. Let's have 2 more like this. I'm tired.
    Pretty sure the new character this patch is War Machine. There's probably no clue because he's already been announced.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Koffitok wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Pretty sure the new character this patch is War Machine. There's probably no clue because he's already been announced.

Not to mention 5* Cap and IM. If any, R99-100 is going to be one of the busiest (in new characters) release periods in like a year.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    You know what would be nice if a community video came with the patch. Or maybe a link to a community video, or maybe a Q&A survey instead of a survey saying would you recomend this game to someone.

But where else can I rate the game a 0 and then send scathing insults directly to the devs?
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Was hoping to see something about fixing the ISO shortage with R100....
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    Often these patches go live on the following Monday. Given Civil War is running then, could you please wait until at least Tuesday the 10th to push the release?

EDIT: N/M, I had the wrong end date for Civil War.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Often these patches go live on the following Monday. Given Civil War is running then, could you please wait until at least Tuesday the 10th to push the release?
    'Civil War' Details - Part II says the Civil War event runs for 3 and a half days. It starts tomorrow at 12pm ET. Which means it will end at midnight ET on Sunday.

The patches usually hit somewhere around noon ET on Mondays. So... Civil War won't be running when R100 goes live.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    ZeiramMR wrote:

I'm sure they'll be too busy with the server crash when Civil War goes live tomorrow to think about doing the update this weekend. icon_e_wink.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    Oops. I was misremembering Galactus Hungers as running 4.5 days.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    3.5 day length allowed them to run 2 of them back-to-back over exactly 7 days.
  • ZeiramMR
    TxMoose wrote:
    Pretty sure every one of the Alliance events have started at noon and ended at a midnight, meaning none were exactly back-to-back. Closest was the first two of Avengers vs. Ultron which were 12 hours apart.

I was thinking this one was 4.5 days because Ultron was 4.5 days.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Will countdown tiles falling to the bottom and triggering ever be fixed or working as intended?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    These two runs aren't running back to back though.

This one ends, then there's a couple PVE's one of which is a new release PVE for War Machine, then the second run of Civil War near the end of the month... at least that's my understanding.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    yep, I was just commenting about the question about the 3.5 day length - how I remembered previous events. I don't remember as well as I used to though, and I seem to remember that 12 hr gap (both started at 11 central I think), so I was off anyway.