Team Cap-IM: Which side are you on?

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I am surprised we still have not seen this poll, so I am going to open it icon_e_biggrin.gif

This is just for THE FIRST CIVIL WAR EVENT, nothing to do with the movie or the comic, just the first Civil War event.

PS: I want to see if everybody is going to be in team IM or not... (much better rewards in my humble opinion)
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    Team Cap: not because of the rewards (honestly, much better), but for a practical reason of available/essential heroes.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I'm rooting for Team Cap when I go see the movie but I need Hulkbuster covers right now so I'm playing for Team Iron man in the first Civil War run.
  • Amsha3gar
    Amsha3gar Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Team Cap, mostly for the buffed heroes. The rewards don't really matter, with my almost empty alliance we'll get to round 4 at most icon_lol.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't care, I'm currently missing Winter Soldier (but just joined a late bracket so I might get one or two), and I'm missing Quake on the other side.

My alliance wants IM so we all go Iron Man, when we finish it, we'll swing over to Cap and get as much done as we can there too.

Personally I'm probably Team Captain America in the conflict in general.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I'd love to be on Cap's side, but the more I think about it I want some more Hulkbuster's cards. My Alliance always pushes at least into round 7 so I can pretty much guarantee myself at least 1 card. But then I miss out on the Cap Vault which will have the chance at more WS cards.

I'll probably just flip a coin to decide which way we go... icon_eek.gif
  • Soitswritten
    Soitswritten Posts: 102
    Cap for the movie. But it's a landslide for Iron Man in game. I'll take champion levels for my IMHB over only a red cover I need for a character I'll never level. Bonus: Iron Man 5* looks stronger though that won't matter for ages.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Iron Man for this game. As fighting A cap that makes shield tokens, when you have a boosted-championed 5 redflag.png Captain Marvel, seems pretty nice.

Cap for everything else. For the most part he's right, (at least in the comics. We'll see about the film. They love RDJ.) and Iron Fascist Man has never appealed to me as a character. Not wanting to offend people who like him, he has good points, I just have never liked him.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Team Iron Man because:
    1) I just won Quake and I don't have Bucky
    2) I need and want Hulkbuster covers
  • Polares
    edited May 2016
    Well it looks like team IM is going for the win.

I wonder what would have happened if instead of captain falcon cover team Cap was giving Winter S covers (as it should). So the new 4 with the not as good 5 in one side and one good old four and the better 5 in the other.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I'm Team Cap but until I see the exact reward table I can't be 100% sure.

Personally I think fighting the Iron Man boss will be easier than the Captain boss although the 5* versions look the other way around.

Then there are the rewards. I have a severely under covered Hulkbuster and one/two covers won't make him usable or able to beat his DDQ Clash. On the flip side I've got a 0/3/2 Falcap with a pretty highly champion Steve Rogers and Falcon combine them with the token or two I hope to pick up from this event and my Falcap might be usable by the time his DDQ Clash rolls round.

It's an interesting one to be sure. If the reward structure is the same for the second run then I'd be inclined to go Iron Man and pick up 2 to 4 tokens over a month but my guess is that the second run will see Winter Solider tokens on Cap's side and Warmachine tokens on Iron Man's side.
  • Franklin Bluth
    Franklin Bluth Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I'm not sure. I like HB better, but have better chars for Team Cap....
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    In real life, I'm Team Cap all the way. In game, I'm Team IM because his character is so much better than Cap in all ways. If I have to pick a side, I'm going with the better character. Also IMHB covers.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    My alliance (Go Belgian Shield!) are going to do first run on team Iron Man and the second on team Cap. Aiming for all prizes!
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    Im but going to have to do cap event, switch covers are nice and with blue being a prize my 2/3/0 will be happy i do have 1 cover for falcap but forgot which middle or last. my 2/2/3 bp and 1/0/0 hb would be happier getting covers though... Oh well this weekend my 3* hulk will be 5/3/2 with saturdays ddq and sunday will be 90 day reward wish he had more blacks but still going to be solid raining green with 2 thor and my 2/4/2 kk till 3 thor gets more covers currently 3/3/1 unless i go im 40 for a blue but hes 0/3/3
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Tony Stark is a jerk; I would pick Captain America eyes closed to share a beer with. At the very least Cap has never released a killer robot threatening the whole planet!

BUT ingame, I find the rewards from IM side way better (guess that's Tony shaking his money around!):
    1) 3* covers are more or less equal if both are championed, although IM BPanther maybe gains more power from additional covers than Cap SWitch (whose main asset is Arcane Incantation, independent from character level).
    2) 4* are absolutely inbalanced, IMHB is widely considered top3 character, Falcap is... well, not.
    3) 5* IM seems more powerful tan cap, who focuses more of prot tiles. Releasing cap yellow must be EPIC, but I find IM more functional.

I have chosen IM team for this event, while pinchering my nose.
  • Azoth658
    Wolarsen wrote:
    Tony Stark is a jerk; I would pick Captain America eyes closed to share a beer with. At the very least Cap has never released a killer robot threatening the whole planet!

In comic land, Tony didn't create Ultron it was Hank Pym. Also you can't blame Tony for Ultron realizing that humanity's greatest threat was itself icon_razz.gif. If anything you could say that Captain America and his rebels are exactly what Ultron foresaw and wanted to stop with their reckless endangerment to civilians by wanting to remain vigilantes.

I haven't seen the film yet but in the comics the civil war is kicked off by a group of young mutants acting as vigilantes and during their fighting a villain gets out of control and blows up a school killing about 300 children. This in turn creates the legislation for people with powers to register and receive training and to be able to be held accountable. I think that backdrop of why the government want powered people trained and registered helps Tony's case a little.

But the comics do a really good job of articulating both cases so you can really see the grey area of the law. I found it difficult to pick a side throughout the comics finding myself routing for both sides to come to their senses instead icon_razz.gif.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Re: Team Cap-IM: Which side are you on?
    by Azoth658 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:13 am

In comic land, Tony didn't create Ultron it was Hank Pym. Also you can't blame Tony for Ultron realizing that humanity's greatest threat was itself icon_razz.gif. If anything you could say that Captain America and his rebels are exactly what Ultron foresaw and wanted to stop with their reckless endangerment to civilians by wanting to remain vigilantes.

I haven't seen the film yet but in the comics the civil war is kicked off by a group of young mutants acting as vigilantes and during their fighting a villain gets out of control and blows up a school killing about 300 children. This in turn creates the legislation for people with powers to register and receive training and to be able to be held accountable. I think that backdrop of why the government want powered people trained and registered helps Tony's case a little.

But the comics do a really good job of articulating both cases so you can really see the grey area of the law. I found it difficult to pick a side throughout the comics finding myself routing for both sides to come to their senses instead icon_razz.gif.

Yes, I focused my post regarding the movie (more accurately, MCU); I will not say anything about Civil War, too recent and don't want to slip spoilers, but the discussion is slightly different (more on loyalty and cheesy culpability feelings). And in the comics not only the youngsters starting the riot did act as jerks, but they were participating live in a reality TV show, if I recall properly!!!

I would say a tend to line with IM reasoning in the comics and with Captain in the movies. (although IM goes crazy in the comics with the release of Ragnarok, the industrial site trap leading to GiantMan death, and the interdimensional prison!; overall I found the comic very interesting deployed, but decays quickly). And Punisher rocks there!!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Azoth658
    Wolarsen wrote:

Yes, I focused my post regarding the movie (more accurately, MCU); I will not say anything about Civil War, too recent and don't want to slip spoilers, but the discussion is slightly different (more on loyalty and cheesy culpability feelings). And in the comics not only the youngsters starting the riot did act as jerks, but they were participating live in a reality TV show, if I recall properly!!!

I would say a tend to line with IM reasoning in the comics and with Captain in the movies. (although IM goes crazy in the comics with the release of Ragnarok, the industrial site trap leading to GiantMan death, and the interdimensional prison!; overall I found the comic very interesting deployed, but decays quickly). And Punisher rocks there!!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Haha yes you are correct.

I think I'm actually bang with your thinking I was probably IM at the beginning but the prison and Rags probably swayed me towards the end. Also don't forget the unleashing prisoners to fight heroes poor Spidey.

Really wish they would patch 3* Punisher he is not the badass he should be!
  • Polares
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Wolarsen wrote:

Haha yes you are correct.

I think I'm actually bang with your thinking I was probably IM at the beginning but the prison and Rags probably swayed me towards the end. Also don't forget the unleashing prisoners to fight heroes poor Spidey.

Really wish they would patch 3* Punisher he is not the badass he should be!

In the comics Tony is clearly the bad guy, Millar did a very poor job with Tony (creating Ragnarok is just an example, but they also killed Giant man, or Giant something, I don't remember the name). In the movie they do a much better job to create compelling reasons for both sides (even though Movies Tony has been a jack **** for a while).

Now we have all the rewards! Both IM and Cap covers look pretty cool, but I really want IM, and 3 more covers for my champed IMHB. It looks like in my alliance we will run first Tony team, then Cap, but I prefer two win two IM covers so we will see ...