I'm not sure what else I can say. two missing covers

MojoWild
MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
I lost two covers, they just disappeared, and so far this is my conversation with CS

I lost a couple covers that disappeared.
I'd won a purple Nick Fury progression reward a few days ago and a green Doctor Octopus I just was awarded this morning from PVP. I was waiting to use Nick Fury until I championed him, and was going to level up Dr. Octopus after I completed the Deadpool Daily. After I completed the Daily, I saw that those covers weren't available anymore. I'm very certain I didn't sell all at any time. Could this be looked into?
Thanks,
Brian

Device Timestamp: 2016-04-29 01:44 PM UTC
Name: MojoWild

First reply: Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience for the issue, and we would be more than happy to assist you. Before we are able to proceed, could you please explain the issue in more detail, and answer the following questions:

- Can you describe, in detail, the process you enacted to incur the issue? (i.e., 'I logged off after battle and when I logged in the rewards weren't there.')
- Are you playing on multiple devices with the same account? If so, are you force closing the app on one device before loading it onto the other?
- Do you notice anything odd when this issue occurs such as game sluggishness, lost connection, etc.?
- Please describe the process you used to incur the issue, and provide as much information as you are able to.
- Please be sure to include your Username, if it has not already been provided.

An easy to way to locate your Username name is to check the leader board for an event you are currently participating in, or by checking your alliance roster for the non-embossed name listed in yellow-colored text.

Many questions can be answered by visiting our helpful Marvel Puzzle Quest FAQ at: http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support/

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
D3 Go! Customer Support Team

Comments

• MojoWild
    My reply to aboveHi,
    My user name is MojoWild.
    This morning I'd been playing on my tablet, but before I left I checked leaderboards and force closed. Then I opened the game up on my phone and saw everything there as before.
    Later I completed the Deadpool Daily on my phone and then opened a number of tokens from that and other events. As I was going through the covers I'd earned I saw that my Nick Fury and Dr. Octopus were no longer there. They just kind of disappeared. Everything else seems to be fine.

Second replyGreetings D3 Go! Customer,

Are you playing on multiple devices with the same account? If so, are you force closing the app on one device before loading it onto the other?

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
  • MojoWild
    edited May 2016
    Accidental duplicate post.
  • MojoWild
    My reply to that one

Yes, I'm sorry it wasn't clear before.

This morning I'd been playing on my tablet (one device) but before I left I checked leaderboards and force closed (yes, i force closed on the tablet). Then I opened the game up on my phone (second device) and saw everything there as before.
    But after I opened up some tokens, those other covers, purple Nick Fury and green Doctor Octopus were gone. Can those be replaced?
    Thanks,
    Brian

Their reply said it would be escalated.
    Then I got this:
    Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Always be sure to force close the application before switching devices. Not doing so will almost always lead to data loss of any recent progress. The following helpshift link helps explain on how to properly switch between devices: https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/mar ... -save-data

Please note that it is the players responsibility to practice safe device switching habits. Because we have informed you this information and assisted in a past ticket, we will be unable to offer any assistance.
  • MojoWild
    I tried again to clarify:

As I stated, I did force close before switching. When I opened the second device, I could see the covers. I played the Deadpool Daily. After that, in the same play session on the same device, the covers were no longer there.

Their reply:

We are truly sorry for any negative experience regarding your issue, but we are truly thankful for the feedback you have provided.

We take our customer's feedback very seriously and we will certainly discuss it with the rest of the team and take it into consideration.

If you would like to submit further feedback on the subject, as well as stay up to date on current and future information, please visit the forums:

http://d3go.com/forums/

I have personally added your feedback to our database. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,
  • MojoWild
    So this is my most recent reply to them.

I think there's been some confusion. It's not a force close issue. I wanted to give as much detail as possible.
    To simplify:
    I opened the app on my phone.
    I see two covers, Nick Fury and Dr. Octopus.
    I played Deadpool Daily.
    I opened a number of tokens.
    The only covers available err the ones I just opened, the Fury and Octopus were gone.
    I hope this clears up the confusion and this issue can be reevaluated.
    Thanks

I'm not sure what else I can say, since I could see the covers, I don't think it was a force close sync issue, especially when I had the Fury cover for a few days already. I guess I'm just out of luck? Anyone had covers just disappear but not to a sync issue?
  • MojoWild
    Their reply

We reviewed the case with our technicians and see that the application opened on another device before the running session had ended. We see that this happened just after the Comic Covers we're claimed. Always be sure to force close the application before switching devices. Not doing so will almost always lead to data loss of any recent progress. Please note that it is the players responsibility to practice safe device switching habits.

Best Regards,

My reply, to which they sent me a satisfaction survey:

Hi,
    I guess I'm not understanding then, because I'd had the Fury cover for a few days, playing on multiple devices, and then it wasn't there. The octopus one was new though.