4* cover progression reward only present in Versus mode

HaywireII
HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
It seems odd to me that Versus mode has a 4* cover and 25 CP in the progression rewards but Story mode only has 25 CP in the progression rewards. Both modes seem to have roughly equivalent placement prizes, just this one disparity in the progression point prizes. It seems especially odd since it was not that long ago that they updated the prizes for Story mode (at least for the placement prizes).

I guess the once exception to that is the boss battles in Story mode but those are few and far between.

Comments

• Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    HaywireII wrote:
    Both modes seem to have roughly equivalent placement prizes

This is where you're off. T-10 can win up to 3 4* covers. Yes I know it's difficult, more so than getting 1K PVP, but that's the route PVE focused players have to get 4*, aside from lucky token draws (Which PVE generally gives out more tokens than PVP considering subs).
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Story mode should have a 4☆ progression cover ideally that event's 4☆ essential
    Meander wrote:

This is where you're off. T-10 can win up to 3 4* covers. Yes I know it's difficult, more so than getting 1K PVP, but that's the route PVE focused players have to get 4*, aside from lucky token draws (Which PVE generally gives out more tokens than PVP considering subs).

How many players/bracket can make T10 story mode?
    How many players/bracket can make 1k pvp?
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    My bad about equivalent prizes for placement. I can't get top 10 or top 1; I should have noticed the 4 cover vs 1 cover. The only reason I noticed the disparity on progression is that I got 1300 points on a recent Versus and realized I was getting a 4* and 25 CP but in my Story mode Event I only got 25 CP. It would make sense if they gave out one 4* cover that was the featured 4* in the Story mode progression.
  • Meander
    fmftint wrote:
    Story mode should have a 4☆ progression cover ideally that event's 4☆ essential
    Meander wrote:

How many players/bracket can make T10 story mode?
    How many players/bracket can make 1k pvp?

Not justifying it, just pointing it out. That being said, as is I have too many covers, and not enough iso. Would I like another 4* cover? Sure. But will it just be 1k iso to me 80% of the time? Probably. Also, just doing math, they give out 3+8+5= 16 4* covers per PVE bracket. PVP, depends on the slice, but it's far greater of course. That being said, they never historically gave ANY 4* covers for PVE (aside from release chars), so when we started getting an LT (now 25 CP), it was an improvement.

To sum up my rambling- the current system is an improvement, covers wont help, I would rather have iso increased.
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Honestly they should have added the required 4* to PvE progressions when they added the 4* essential nodes. We had to wait months after that just to get the Legendary Token reward, which I had still been hitting even when I was missing the required 4*, which pissed me off even more that there was no 4* essential progression reward.

Some people might complain about not enough ISO for all the 4*s they already have. Now, although the current ISO flow is MASSIVELY too low, THAT DOESN'T MATTER. The simple fact is that with over 30 4*s and more coming every 2 weeks, the flow of 4* covers needs to increase.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    It does seem a bit unfair to me, as if handing out 1 cover for a 4* character in PVE is somehow going to break the bank because I'm not spending money on shielding.

Also, when did having too many covers become a bad problem to have? Am I supposed to be sorry that you have something worth spending your iso on in the first place, regardless of how short on it you might be?
  • Meander
    DAC169 wrote:
    Some people might complain about not enough ISO for all the 4*s they already have. Now, although the current ISO flow is MASSIVELY too low, THAT DOESN'T MATTER. The simple fact is that with over 30 4*s and more coming every 2 weeks, the flow of 4* covers needs to increase.

If that's your argument, adding a 4* to every PVE will only add 3 additional 4* every 2 weeks, which would be less than PVP. Such a change would not help you cover specific 4* faster. If you want every cover in the game at max level right away, pay for it. Otherwise, be patient like everyone else.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's add the required 4* cover to the PVE... AND let's give more ISO icon_e_biggrin.gif

There was once a time in my life when I had all the ISO needed to level up each character as I gained new covers for it. That time has since passed, well over a year ago. I've never since had enough ISO, and I'm sure the need will grow. It will take me 3 million ISO to champ all my max-covered 4*s, but I've read of plenty other users who need 5, 6, 7, 8 million or more ISO. I'm sure that will be me soon.