Venom vs Carnage, Is there a glitch with [Scythes]

Phaentom
Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
So, it took 4 tries today to finally beat the Clash of the Titans. The problem I had with the first three attempts was that Carnage was generating Red ap without making any Red matches or having any of his tiles on the board. I kept checking his Red ap and it was at 6, he would make a macth(non-red), then I go and make a match, his turn he's got enough ap to fire Symbiote Scythes. Anyone else have this issue today or am I missing something with Carnage?

Mod edit: Clarified title, moved to bugs and tech issues

Comments

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I played this twice, but didn't notice it either time, and I was definitely watching his red.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    It also worked correctly for me, the four times, no odd red generation (I almost beat it the second time with a level 132 Venom because I was able to deny him red for a very long time). Are you really sure he was generating extra red? (No match4s involved, etc.)

PS: I needed to waste 40k iso to level Venom to 147, because I just have two yellow covers, but I beat it. And I want to thank devs for just giving Carnage two or three red covers, this made it possible.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also highly appreciate that Carnage wasn't fully covered. That would've been devastating. As it was, I still had to level Venom all the way up to 188 to win, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. I still had to do lots of yellow and green attacks, because most of my covers are in his blackflag.png ...
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another case of "I was watching his red closely and didn't see this behavior", for me.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    My level 120 venom won n the first try. I got hit by one red but carnage dfinatly had enough red. I was not paying too much attention to his AP as it was 5:00 in the a.m. I was actually just testing it out to see how bad it would be and I got enough yellow and green to down him with 500 health left.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Polares wrote:
    It also worked correctly for me, the four times, no odd red generation (I almost beat it the second time with a level 132 Venom because I was able to deny him red for a very long time). Are you really sure he was generating extra red? (No match4s involved, etc.)

PS: I needed to waste 40k iso to level Venom to 147, because I just have two yellow covers, but I beat it. And I want to thank devs for just giving Carnage two or three red covers, this made it possible.

That's odd. My venom is at 2 yellow covers too and I am only allowed to upgrade him to level 86? I have about 70K iso.
  • Antlion
    Antlion Posts: 19
    It sure felt like it, but the times carnage popped up extra reds for me was after a match 4 or cascade
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    dsds wrote:
    Polares wrote:

That's odd. My venom is at 2 yellow covers too and I am only allowed to upgrade him to level 86? I have about 70K iso.

I was talking just about yellow because anybody with 4 or more yellow covers will have a very easy fight, but mine is 3/4/2 so I can level him to 180+ If I wanted to (which I don't icon_razz.gif).

Sorry for the confusion.