Quality of Life suggestions

Eec411
Eec411 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
Some "quality of life" suggestions other than usual whine of "more ISO"

1) said this in another thread, reiterate here. Tier cover expiration time.

You can't completely remove expiration time on all tiers because you lose that sense of urgency D3 needs to encourage sales, but it can be made a little better by simply scaling the time with the tier of the character.

1*, 2* 7 days
3* 14 days
4* 21 days
5* no expiration

I think an average 3-4 transitional roster can earn roughly 20,000 ISO per day. If you play more, you can probably push 30-35K without spending hero points on heals.

By this math, you should be able to max a 4* from 70-270 within 3 weeks. Trying to do it in 2 weeks is extremely difficult.

The reason 5* covers should never expire are twofold.

A) nothing feels worse than hitting a cover that you have maxed out when you're still hunting any and every other cover. It's hard enough to just hit a 5*, we don't need to get blown out.

B) players that pull a 5* with underdeveloped rosters complain their scaling gets thrown way off. Rather than feeling sad that they have to sell these precious commodities off, they can opt to store them until their roster is ready to handle a low-covered 5*.

2) give us the ability to set up the option to auto-sell covers.

Rather than spending time managing my roster queue, I could be playing some event. I shouldn't need to go through and sell off covers I have no interest in using except as ISO. If I set my auto-sell for all 1* and I get 10 from playing a PVP stretch, just go ahead and give me the 1000 ISO.

3) replace 70 ISO, 100 ISO, critical boost rewards with standard tokens
3b) replace 140 ISO, 250 ISO with heroic tokens

If incorporated with suggestion 2, this is nearly functionally identical (well except critical boosts, everyone hates those). The thing this does is gives everyone a slight ISO boost that everyone seems to be clamoring for. You seem to like the random reward structure, so this model randomly rewards you with extra ISO. Instead of a straight 100 ISO, I have roughly a 13% chance at a 2* cover netting me 250 ISO and a 2% chance of hitting a 3* cover that's 500 ISO or some champion reward. These minuscule percentages get me just a little bit more ISO, plus provides that tiniest rush of adrenalin by opening up tokens more frequently.

4) 4* lightning rounds.

Seems like once a week I see someone on the message boards asking about 4* pvp season events or more variation on boosted characters for lightning rounds, but I haven't seen anyone suggest this.

There's this worry that 4* tier is quickly becoming obsolete. PVPs are being overrun by 5* rosters. The 3* tiers can hang against one another, but it almost feels like the 4* tier is becoming pointless.

If we had 4* lightning rounds, you give people a chance to use the 4*s lingering on their rosters. You also give players that don't have those characters the chance to try them out. You can run these events on different days than the current lightning rounds to give people more opportunities to play.

The lightning tokens should also have increased odds at hitting that specific character. Give us more chances at hitting 4* covers besides the 1k progression and 1st place in PVPs or t10 in PVEs.

5) Why does 1st get a single 4* cover in PVPs?

The PVP placement rewards are super outdated. To top 10 a PVP now, you pretty much need a championed 4* roster or better. Why are they getting 3* covers at all? Make the PVP placement rewards at least match the PVE rewards. It's absurd that I can t50 a PVP and all I get is a single 3* cover. The ISO and HP are incidental, but could probably use a minor upgrade as well, but the cover situation is antiquated.

6) Put standings on a webpage we can see.

It's pretty apparent that giving us scrollable standings is difficult to do in-app. But putting searchable standings up on a website shouldn't be too taxing on your database. Knowing top 10 is nice, but sometimes I just want to know how hard I have to work to go up 15 places. If my goal is to t100 a season, it'd be nice to see how difficult that task is, or if it's even worth the effort.