Increase or Eliminate Expiration Times on Covers

VA5
VA5 Posts: 66
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'll keep this brief so hopefully it will get noticed. A lot has been said recently on the perceived ISO deficit, which I agree with for 4 & 5 tiered leveled players. I have not seen much on the other issue relevant to this matter... expiration dates on covers have not changed.

When these time frames were established the game had 2 & 3 star players with much lower ISO needs. Now as the developers have transitioned to a 4 & 5 star system the times should be expanded or eliminated to accommodate the greatly increased ISO needs and cover pull rarity of the 4 & 5's.

I have leveled a 4 star from 130 in the 14 day time frame and it was "not enjoyable". I did this because I pulled several of his covers within a 2 day time frame. At the time I received all rewards from PVE and PVP and played on average 3 lightening rounds a day for those 2 weeks lacing in top eight all rounds. It became work, not fun as the game should be.

The other issue is 5 star covers with their rarity and dumb luck of obtaining. I pulled 2 5 star recently out of 10 pulls and they were the only 2 colors of the only two 5 stars I had maxed (yeah, what are the chances of that). I did a buy club and luckily was able to get an extra required pheonix cover to champ her and make us of the spare. The OML was recruited away never to be used again. 5 Stars should have unlimited expiration dates or at least several months.

Comments

• TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Eh. I'd like to have unlimited time, but honestly, they've already increased the amount of time you have to take care of a cover to 2 weeks instead of...what was it before, 3 days or something? I don't even remember.

Anyway, I get where you're coming from. I took a month long hiatus from the game, totally forgetting I had a Phoenix in my queue, just waiting for a slot. icon_razz.gif
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    not that it's a huge deal, but i've turfed anywhere from 12-15 gamora covers (easily the most i've turfed) since championing took effect. there's always better uses for iso, and i needed the iso from the covers, but i probably would've stockpiled them if they didn't expire.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish they'd just let you champion un-maxed characters. Shoot, they could do it at a penalty - let the characters get the +1 for every champion level, and make ISO costs continue to go up so you want to use the ISO early on and not later. It's a bummer to sell so many covers at such a small ISO price.

I also agree it's "not fun" to try to rush your characters through. I rushed RHulk through this season to not lose out on the cover that should be first event next season. Now I'm trying to rush Thing through to not lose out on the cover that should be in the middle to end of next season. Then I'll try to rush DPXF through to not lose his cover that should be given out in the beginning to middle of TWO SEASONS FROM NOW. The ISO drought is real, and makes the incredibly slow leveling not fun.

I enjoyed finishing most of my 3*'s off at the rate of two per week (from 140->166). It's a bummer to finish the 4*'s (172->270) at the rate of 1.3 per season!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Obligatory suggestion to remove the timer for characters on your roster.
  • Dudemon
    Dudemon Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Uhhh... nope.

It's the main source of money from casuals. You must buy roster slots or suffer the pain of losing a cover.

Dudemon
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Obligatory suggestion to remove the timer for characters on your roster.

Now that's a good idea...
    Keeps the notion of "Want this character? Better save up the HP to buy a roster slot!" while also not penalising you if you already HAVE bought a slot to get the character in the first place.
  • Eec411
    Eec411 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Why do all covers have to have the same expiration time? Why not do something like

1,2 stars expire in 7 days
    3 stars expire in 14 days
    4 stars expire in 21 days
    5 stars never expire

This maintains the urgency the devs want to encourage sales, but allows players enough time to hopefully max level that character.

Average ISO flow for someone that plays regularly is roughly 20k per day between PVE, deadpool daily and moderate PVP play whether simulator, lightning rounds or season events. 3 weeks for a 4 star gives you enough time to get from 70 to 270 if you want to do it.

No expiration for 5s does two things:
    A) allows you to not feel ripped off when you "luckily" draw a cover you might have already maxed
    B) allows underdeveloped rosters to not have to sell their cover because their scaling gets thrown way off