How much is enough?

halirin
halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
How good would the rewards for civil war have to be for you to feel like this wasn't a "stingy" special event? I think it would be fun for people to give concrete amounts of ISO, hp, tokens, and covers that would be satisfying, and then actually keep track of whether the event is better or worse than that.

I know that if I don't pay attention I'll just spend whatever ISO I get and still need tons more, so without having something to compare reality to, almost any amount of rewards could seem disappointing if I wanted an excuse to be mad.

I'll go first:

I plan to play this event a lot. I'm in a good alliance so I'm expecting three 4* covers and hoping we get the bonus 5*. I'd be happy with ten to fifteen event tokens. Any legendaries would be a nice bonus, but above my expectation. So maybe four or five champion levels for three stars. 300hp for three days sounds good. I'm ISO greedy, so between sold covers and rewards I would he happy for anything over 30k excluding what I get from ddq those days.

How about you? Put it in writing so you can make an honest assessment!

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will admit to a bit of tunnel vision on this one, as I have been sitting on a 4/4/2 Hulkbuster for approximately 70 years, give or take 69 years. If I have a chance to earn one of each Hulkbuster cover through finishing rounds 5-7 on the Ironman campaign side (which my alliance *just* managed last time (in the previous boss event)- we never could take down round 8), I honestly don't really care about the other rewards. It would mean my first fully covered 4-star (well, second, officially, behind Invisible Woman icon_e_confused.gif ), and my first chance ever to try a fully-realized naughty-sounding Fistbuster team in PvP!
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    I say if it follows the same reward structure as the original Ultron event, it'll be fine. Obviously they aren't gonna give away 3 covers of a 5*, but we should be able to get 3 covers of the 4* that are rewards.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    If I'm being brutally honest...

There's a 5* cover up for grabs.
    That alone is enough.

There could be absolutely no progression rewards, node rewards or anything except for
    the single 5* cover and I'd still see the boss event as a win. Some people go a month or more without finding one so I appreciate how valuable they are as an event prize.

Obviously there's more to the event than just this cover so the only way I'll be disappointed is if D3 fails to learn from past mistakes and launches a round one boss event that is WAY more challenging/demanding to the hardcore vets than it has any right to be.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    To be honest, ISO is a permanent issue. I dont care if i get 5 5* covers, 5000 HP or 100CP from Civil War... i would still miss more than 2 million ISO to max out all my covers.
    No reward is high enough for me, when ISO inflow is working as it is.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro wrote:
    If I'm being brutally honest...

There's a 5* cover up for grabs.
    That alone is enough.
    Came to say exactly this. Hulkbuster covers don't suck either.