Will the scaling issue ever be fix with the 5 stars

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
they said long ago that 5 stars will not effect your scaling but it still does... I get under 150 teams in PVP with 2 5 stars but everytime i put a 3 5 star into my team every is 240 or higher meaning i can only hold a max of 2 5 stars.. i thought they said that they were going to fix the issue and make 5 stars not count into your scaling..

So far was forced to sell

2 surfers and 1 spiderman cause of the spike

and just think of the headaches it will cause with the war event.. people who are just starting out with 3 stars being given 2 5 stars it will kill their scaling in pvp

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Working as intended.
  • slidecage
    snlf25 wrote:
    Working as intended.

they said there were going to remove the 5 star for the increase in scaling so they decided not to do it.. though they said like R 93 or something... what sucks is already have no interest in civil war then cause a 3rd 5 star would kill my scaling unless i can get 2 or more of one of them..
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    they said long ago that 5 stars will not effect your scaling but it still does... I get under 150 teams in PVP with 2 5 stars but everytime i put a 3 5 star into my team every is 240 or higher meaning i can only hold a max of 2 5 stars.. i thought they said that they were going to fix the issue and make 5 stars not count into your scaling..

So far was forced to sell

2 surfers and 1 spiderman cause of the spike

and just think of the headaches it will cause with the war event.. people who are just starting out with 3 stars being given 2 5 stars it will kill their scaling in pvp

If 5 stars didn't affect your scaling then people with 5 stars would sell off their 4 stars to get only easy targets. Or anyone lucky enough to pull a yellow OML early in the game would run the boards on their opponents. So they modified the scaling so that the number of covers in your characters is supposed to be considered, not just their star level. So a single cover 5 star will be a bump, but shouldn't be massive. But a 13 cover 450 5* will definitely have a significant effect.

If the modified scaling is giving you only unfair opponents then that's an issue that should be addressed.

And 240s do seem relatively fair with 3 255s in your team. That's no longer a single cover ruining your day, you can field a team of them. As it is, mauling under 150s with 255/255/featured can't seem particularly fair can it? And they will be skipping you on defense because you're going to cost them too much time and health packs even if they do win.

The system looks to be working as intended really.
  • slidecage
    point is month ago the said they were going to remove it so the 5 stars did not effect scaling what i guess was a lie or something.... just wait to hear the complining when people get 2 5 stars in war and their scaling goes insane
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    point is month ago the said they were going to remove it so the 5 stars did not effect scaling what i guess was a lie or something.... just wait to hear the complining when people get 2 5 stars in war and their scaling goes insane

They never said that, they said that they would fix scaling, but they never said they would remove 5s from the equation, as Eddiemon explained they CAN'T remove 5s from the equation or they would create much bigger problems.

Things have improved with the new scaling system for rosters with underleveled/undercovered 5s. Some people in my alliance have been using 1-2 cover 5s with champed 3s against other 3 teams and they didnt get destroyed immediately by 5 teams as happened before. But when you get to some scores (900+ or so depending on slice an time to finish the event) if you want to fight teams with high points, the system doesnt have any option than providing you with much stronger teams (4+ teams).

The changes for PvE are still in development as you probably know...
  • rubix_qube
    rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker
    you're saying scaling but complaining about your mmr. it's apples to oranges really. your scaling in pve may not be out of control with a limited 5* roster. the pvp mmr takes into account your whole roster to give you battles against similar opponents.
  • slidecage
    either way i doubt i open up any more tokens anytime soon.