Better to Start CW on IM side?

Leugenesmiff
Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
It says Winter Soldier will be featured in the first round on Caps side and War Machine will be featured on IMs side on the second run through. Since most people won't have either of them covered as well as older characters wouldn't it make sense to avoid having to use them?
Even if WS is still featured on Caps side in the second run, at least you're avoiding needing War Machine when fighting Cap.

Does anyone know if the rewards will be the same for the sides between the first and second run?

Comments

• hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Since you'll have use of your entire roster, I'd be surprised if you would need to have Winter Soldier be that strong at all for his required node. Unless you have a very shallow roster, I'd have to think the other two characters you choose should be strong enough to handle whatever that node throws at you.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs also said that WS won't be a required character until the late rounds of the CW event so you can still likely finish it without him.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    everyone will be on iron man team just for hulkbuster covers who wants falcon covers..... hears the sad weeps of falcon that noone loves him icon_e_smile.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is the question for high end alliances do you go after the 1 winter soldier cover or do you take the 3 champion level HB covers which will be ISO and CP? If you sell the falcon covers you get 3k ISO is 2-4 CP that big of a deal in the long run compared to a 1-80 chance at the new 4*?
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    for me, buffed hulkbuster alone is the best sole reason to go team im, even though all my hb covers would go to champ levels. also my preference is to get 5* im over 5* cap.

winter soldier in the cap vault and the fact i "need" two crapfalc is the only reason to go team cap, but i still think i am inclined to do team im both runs.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does featured mean the same as essential?

The wording of the statement says winter soldier and war machine will be featured characters. It does not say essential.
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Does featured mean the same as essential?

The wording of the statement says winter soldier and war machine will be featured characters. It does not say essential.

In dev speak, featured typically equals essential. Notice there are separate lists of "featured" and "powered up."
  • rastafari7
    rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    They should have done the Civil War event only for only 1 team at a time.
    So first a Cap event and the 2nd the IM event or vice versa.

Are there players who will play for team IM in both events?
    For me the reward/goal are not those HB covers(of course I want and need them) but the 5* Cap and IM.
  • rastafari7
    rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    OJSP wrote:
    rastafari7 wrote:

For me the reward/goal are not those HB covers(of course I want and need them) but the 5* Cap and IM.
    Our alliance will likely play team IM in the first run, purely because not many of us are playing to get Winter Soldier, a few of us already has Quake, and we probably won't beat the whole event, so we probably won't get the single 5* cover anyway. Those HB covers are still useful for most of us.

We'll probably play team Cap in the second run, to avoid needing War Machine to do well. But, if the rewards are better and not having War Machine doesn't significantly reduce the chance of progression, we'll probably play team IM again.

Yeah if you think you won't get that 5* cover it's smart to only play team IM icon_e_wink.gif
  • Jack0fAllGames
    rastafari7 wrote:

Being forced to pick a side is kinda the point of Civil War. If there's only one side for each run then the thematic value drops significantly.
  • Jack0fAllGames
    And providing player choice should never be discouraged. The trick is balancing rewards to make both sides attractive.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    I think a lot of the truly high end alliances will start on Team Cap - aim to complete that ASAP and then try to climb as high as they can on Team IM side because having boosted HB to call on when you are stuck in R8 hitting Cap to try to claim as many of the Team IM rewards as possible will be a godsend