Gold character wish list

Options
Now that they basically upgraded Thor from 2* to 3*, who else would you like to see them made gold, same abilities, higher level cap? (Not that they are even doing it for someone else, but it's fun to play with the idea)

OBW and M. Storm are my first two choices.

Comments

• I would like them to never make another gold character again and instead be creative and introduce new characters.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My guess for the next one -- Captain America.
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    I would like them to never make another gold character again and instead be creative and introduce new characters.

I like this idea best of all.
  • My guess for the next one -- Captain America.

I'd prefer a different concept for the new Captain America though, more along the lines of defensive tiles and tanking damage (while receiving reduced damage).

For a Gold Character... 3* M. Storm hands down.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doragon wrote:

Seconded. Though she might actually be overpowered as a 3* with her current skill set.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wonder if a Gold M Storm would be 3* or 2*. Maybe being "gold" just bumps you up by one star? Either way, that's probably my vote too, if I can't vote for "let's just not go down this road, please." I love being able to grab all the environment tiles. It's my single favorite skill in the game, even in the levels where the environment tiles themselves aren't very useful. I want a 3* character who can do that too!
  • M.Storm doesn't need one. She's fine.

Captain America absolutely needs an upgrade just to make him usable.
  • I want to say Cap, but they need to actually fix the 2-star version first. I think Thor works partly because he was already good to begin with.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    Doragon wrote:

Seconded. Though she might actually be overpowered as a 3* with her current skill set.

3* M. Storm is a really bad idea, because the only reason why she's balanced now is due to her low hp. If she could scale up to 3* level, she would probably be almost as OP as C. Mags is right now, and require serious nerfing.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Gold Moonstone, though it'd be weird to release that instead of a proper Ms. Marvel.

In that case, Gold Hawkeye (Modern): give Goldeneye the ability to select countdown tile placement.
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    I would like them to never make another gold character again and instead be creative and introduce new characters.
    This.
  • Nobody said Gold Wolverine? Doesn't this game need more Wolverine?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Re: Cap with defensive abilities while mitigating damage...

Uh, they recently buffed the Yellow to absorb 150Dmg PER TILE. At 5 yellow, it allows you to mitigate 600Dmg. How much more does a Cap need before you consider it valid?
    Further, he stuns and can counteract existing countdown tiles with his red OR with his blue.

I think you need to give Cap another look. He's pretty awesome.
  • None. Priority should be:

1. Fix bugs
    2. Fix balance of existing chars (should be continually ongoing)
    3. Introduce new chars / alternate versions of existing chars
    100. Gold chars
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Though I can think of some, I am a little confused about the reasoning behind this Gold concept... I assume they have a whole series of them coming up.
  • someguy321 wrote:
    Rajjeq wrote:
    This.

This.
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Though I can think of some, I am a little confused about the reasoning behind this Gold concept... I assume they have a whole series of them coming up.

I'm with you on this one. I just don't get it, and as a result, I don't really want to get a 3-star Thor. I mean, I could kind of understand if they were running out of ideas/heroes(or villains) to put in, but, uh... The Marvelverse is pretty damn big. And we're still missing a -lot- of big notables from the Dark Reign story, like Iron Patriot.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I agree with the community logic about not needing 3*** "foil" versions of all the 2** characters.

That being said, if there was one 2** that would be truly, truly, devastating as a 3***; my pick would be Ares.

Level 141 Sunder + Onslaught = so good icon_twisted.gif
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would be more on bored if there was some sort of benefit from already having the maxed 2*, like a "Cash-in" of a max 2 start would yield double the ISO sell and 3 covers of the new 3 star?
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I wonder if this whole Gold thingy is their model of moving characters up (or down, in theory) a star rating and then eventually replace it's original version.

In theory, every character could have Gold version.