Bug: Displacement Wave killed Gaea's Revenge

Options
AngryGerman
AngryGerman Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
As the title says, I was playing a match as Nissa against Jace. I had Gaea's Revenge out and he had two creatures out, I can't remember what they were anymore. Jace also had sword of the animist and claustrophobia on the board. My hand was full, Jace played Displacement Wave, and my creature was destroyed.

I've heard anecdotal evidence of The Great Aurora being ineffective against hexproof, so something messed up here.

Comments

• Coconut99
    Coconut99 Posts: 212
    Options
    I don't think that's a bug. Hexproof protects against being targeted by spells or abilities. Anything that's general/nonspecific still affects those creatures; they don't have any kind of absolute spell immunity. Displacement Wave doesn't target a specific creature, if affects all of them generically. (The same applies with Chandra's 2nd ability, for example.) Anything that's "all creatures" would still affect Hexproof ones like Gaea's Revenge.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @coconut
    What op means is that in this game is "a bug" cause hexproof here has been proved to make creature immune to spells.
    Stuff like great aurora for example never worked on it, while we know that by magic rules it should.

So the problem is consistency: either you make hexproof immune to ALL spells(even non targeting ones) or you make it work like in paper magic.

Some AOE spell affecting it and other not is not normal.
  • OhanaUnited
    OhanaUnited Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    @coconut
    What op means is that in this game is "a bug" cause hexproof here has been proved to make creature immune to spells.
    Stuff like great aurora for example never worked on it, while we know that by magic rules it should.

So the problem is consistency: either you make hexproof immune to ALL spells(even non targeting ones) or you make it work like in paper magic.

They're going to give the same **** that "we want to make this game slightly different than paper magic blah blah blah" instead of actually fixing the bug.
  • Coconut99
    Coconut99 Posts: 212
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    @coconut

Ah. I don't have Great Aurora (or any hexproof creatures that I've ever used), so I never noticed that. When I've run across hexproof creatures, the few target-all spells/abilities I have used (Chandra's 2nd, Fiery Incantation or whatever the 2-dmg spell is, stuff like that) has always hit them.