A fun, limited way to bring the 20 ISO prize back

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
Every PVE has a loaner node that you need to beat numerous times throughout the entire event. It's not fair that after 7 times, you stop winning prizes. No fun.

So... my idea is to make it a special, fun node that has lots of great prizes!! HP, Event Tokens, CP! Big ISO!!! Maybe let's say 20 prizes total.

And we go back to the thing where as you win the 20 prizes, the remaining prizes get replaced by 20 ISO. So that as you win more and more prizes, you're less likely to win the remaining prizes, but you'll always win at least 20 ISO. And once you manage to win all 20 prizes, then you'll still get to win 20 ISO for beating the node.

It would be a fun way to bring it back and a fun reason to play the loaner nodes, instead of just to get a few extra points without winning any sort of prize. Let's do it!!

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Would it be better or worse if that main map repeatable node didn't have a set pool of prizes? Just treat it like a PVP-style node with a fixed pool of prizes and every time you hit it you get something from the pool?

Sure, someone could just sit there and hammer on that node all day to farm iso. Please tell my why this would be such a terrible thing? They can't get enough event points from doing so to materially effect the outcome of a given PVE, could they?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    with as bad as the teams there have been lately, I can't see anyone farming much out of that before going completely bonkers....or asleep. I like the idea of making it like pvp nodes.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm fine with making it like the PVP node, giving out one of those prizes randomly. Yeah the battles can take up to 5 or more minutes with the last few sets of required characters, so there won't be many people farming them.