Why is Demiurge_Kabir giving updates on Reddit?

Colognoisseur
Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
In the middle of an ongoing communication drought 80 days and counting from the development team one of the devs chose to share some information yesterday.
Where would you find this? Here on the official forum of MPQ?
The forum set up by the publisher for release of information?
Oh no you need to be on Reddit because that is where the developers will actually communicate.

This has all been a steadily deteriorating situation but this is really ridiculous.

I am sorry if we are too critical of you prima donnas on the development team but this is where information should be released not on Reddit!

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Seconded. Extra letters.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the middle of an ongoing communication drought 80 days and counting from the development team one of the devs chose to share some information yesterday.
    Where would you find this? Here on the official forum of MPQ?
    The forum set up by the publisher for release of information?
    Oh no you need to be on Reddit because that is where the developers will actually communicate.

This has all been a steadily deteriorating situation but this is really ridiculous.

I am sorry if we are too critical of you prima donnas on the development team but this is where information should be released not on Reddit!
    Whenever I see Reddit... i think of Bud ... Errr.... Bud... errr... wiiiise... bud... errr... wise... bud ... wise... err...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVcbasIb8lQ
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it is important for them to be on all social media to communicate to its customers. The question is who should be assigned to each branch of social media and be the face of that platform. Since this is the platform they started they need to be on it as much as Reddit or Twitter or Facebook. The fact that I'm game announcements drives customers to the forum means that the forum should have a bigger presence than there is.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    I think it is important for them to be on all social media to communicate to its customers. The question is who should be assigned to each branch of social media and be the face of that platform. Since this is the platform they started they need to be on it as much as Reddit or Twitter or Facebook. The fact that I'm game announcements drives customers to the forum means that the forum should have a bigger presence than there is.
    They only linked the forums in-game because a while back we raised a big stink that they weren't communicating huge nerfs to the player base in-game only barely on the forums... so they put a link to the forums in game. I think it was around the time they were nerfing XFW/Thoress.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Agree 100%
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm around 80% sure that Demiurge developers have been forbidden from posting on these forums either by D3 or Sega since at least 7 months ago. Then IceIX picked up the slack. Then he left. As for the videos, perhaps it is true that they just haven't had time. One thing is for sure, though: This hasn't been a community that in general a developer can love. Yeah we may feel that we are owed communication (and we are) but "owed communication" merely gets us the dispassionate, sparse, corporate and heavily sanitised statements from David Hi-Fi. Witty banter, friendly demeanour, constant updates and true, human interaction is something that people have to go out of their way to make. They have to actually /feel/ like doing it rather than being a chore. IceIX had all that and God knows I many times wondered how did he keep it up with the caustic response that he often got.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    @ pylgrim No one from the dev team has been forbidden from posting on the forums. In fact, Demiurge_Anthony has posted a few times in recent weeks.

@ Colognoisseur Please don't single someone out for ire and throw in an insult to boot.

As this thread is pushing up against forum rules I'm going to lock it.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.